Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've just ordered a set of iron rotors (originals were below the thickness limit and warped!) and am trying to find the best set of pads. I know Braketech specify Ferodo pads, does anyone know which pads don't have a strong initial bite (the bike is mainly used on the road, including going to the shops and the sharp initial bite has caught me out a few times when I'm cruising).

Cheers, thanks for all your suggestion.

·
Registered
180 Posts
On my 2003 636 I used Carbone Lorraine pads. Loved them. Initial bite was just right for the street.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had the same on my 636 awesome rotors, i used the pad recomended by braketech for those rotors.
http://www.braketech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=92
These pads don't have a huge intial bite but are very strong and have excellent feel, highly recommended.

Make sure u clean up the new rotors with some old sintered pads, also make sure the old pads are flat and clean (use some emery paper on a dead flat surface) this process makes bedding in the new pads 100x easier and you will end up with a perfect set up.

Ps. don't get the rotors wet or even kept outside in the cooler weather they will rust over night.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies fellas.

Barnes - would the carbon/ceramic pads be a bit of overkill for road riding or do they perform pretty well? (I'm almost afraid to find out how expensive they are :idea:)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I use mine for road race only but the ferodo CP1 carbon pads work well. They don't need much for heat either. I use the carbon pad in our rain races and they seem to work very well. The Ferodo Xrac sintered pads are also a good choice. They have more initial bite, but not a surprising amount that will bite you in the butt.

What calipers are you using?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fireman69 - thanks for the info. I'm running ZX14 calipers with s/s lines. I've also just ordered a ZX6R radial master cylinder so I should have enough braking force soon to put ripples in the bitumen :thumbsup:

I think I'll start looking for a set of the Ferodo CP1 carbon pads, they sound like the ones for me!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Yeah go the carbon ceramics, the iron rotors are quit soft so some sintered pads might eat them alive...

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
I have these set for sell that came out of a 2011 zx14, Rotors have less than 500 miles never raced or abused asking $400

·
Registered
383 Posts
LOL do they come with the wheels for the same price?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Unfortunately i can't run them in any racing class here in OZ

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Fireman69 - thanks for the info. I'm running ZX14 calipers with s/s lines. I've also just ordered a ZX6R radial master cylinder so I should have enough braking force soon to put ripples in the bitumen :thumbsup:

I think I'll start looking for a set of the Ferodo CP1 carbon pads, they sound like the ones for me!

I am running the same calipers. If your interested in trying a set of the Xrac sinter pads I have a new in the box set i'll sell for $90.00 plus shipping

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey fireman69, thanks for the offer but I've now convinced myself that I'd love to try out a set of CP1's. A mate of mine but a set in his racebike and raves about them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts