Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
nissin calipers, new brake pads, steel braided brake lines, and new brake fluid. or you could try bleeding the brakes really good.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Vibration is a rotor problem. You may have a warped rotor, or you may just have some oil/grease on one or both rotors. Even a greasy, sweaty hand can leave enough there to cause a problem. Clean them with 409 really well and test. You should also inspect the pads to see if there is anything wack about them. This is the easiest thing to start with. Then you can start pulling rotors to see if one is warped, if the problem persists.

The reason a greasy spot will cause jitter is because the brake pads slip past the greasy spot and then grab on the dry rotor surface beyond the greasy spot, 'round and 'round during the braking, slip and grab, slip and grab.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have one roter on another bike that gets the "rivets" or retining spools that let the outer porton of the roter float hung up every now and than. I will notice a pulsing vibration and next stop I get some thing to work the spools around a little and make sure all are freed up. Than it is good for a long time agian.

JIM

·
Registered
410 Posts
Can you get a rotor straighten? Or do you have to buy new ones
Not that i'm aware of.

Car rotors are often thick enough that you can have them "turned down" on a lathe. This shaves off the high spots and leaves the rotor flat again.

Bike rotors will be way to thin to do this though. Not enough metal to take off. Best just to buy new.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,820 Posts
:eek:t:

But, what is the deal with all the sponsor spamming on the threads.

We know who the site sponsors are. :dontknow: :dontknow:

·
Registered
641 Posts
Check the runout on both rotors and the front wheel. Lines and master cylinders don't have a thing to do with vibrations.
ditto

·
Registered
641 Posts
Can you get a rotor straighten? Or do you have to buy new ones
car rotors yes, bike rotors...not that I'm aware of. In other words no. Be very careful about mounting wheels/tires. Or wherever you take it to is what I'm saying. When I was a new mechanic trying not to be slow for pride's sake, I accidentally clamped the rotor in the lift on the front of a zx-11. I was such an idiot back then. So green. Anyway, I''m much better now, but still make silly mistakes.

What I'm saying is, if you've had any work done on your bike like anything where the bike had it's front tire clamped in a lift, that may be the culprit, or a tire change where the tech got careless? Unless you've been doing some repeated high speed runs back to back with 180-0 braking tests, you should not be warping your rotors under street riding conditions.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.