Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Would Like Some Info From Anyone Out There Thats Done A Track Day On An 06-07 Zx10 Regarding The Front Brakes.
I Have Just Been On The Ron Haslam Race School At Donington On A Cbr 600 And The Brakes Were Awsome,much Better Than My 10,and Have Now Booked A Track Day At The Same Track.
My Brakes Seem Very Wooden On The Road So Im Interested To Hear Your Track Day Opinions And What Mods You Have Done To Improve The Feel And Bite Of The Standard Brakes.i Have Seached The Site But Not Much Has Been Said So Far About Brakes.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
oh boy, there are about 10,000 brake threads on this site. your bike already has the radial master, so the only upgrade there would be a brembo unit or like product. also, brembo makes some monobloc calipers that are extremely nice. you might just want to try some better, race style pads. i know a lot of guys use versah pads. start with pads/lines and i think you'll be happy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Some Times Its Easier To Ask Than Search,but I Did Try Sorry Chap.thanks For Info .sounds Expensive That Brembo Route,lines And Pads First It Is.what Colour Lines Are Tho Best Ha Ha .

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
i just put galfer HH pads up front, with galfer superbike lines, and pazzo levers. holy crap, me likey.........WAY better than stock. better feel, more predictable, less fade. after i broke them in, i put 150 miles on em on the dragon, and the roads around the dragon. pads are like 75 a set, and lines were a little more. good investment.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
i just put galfer HH pads up front, with galfer superbike lines, and pazzo levers. holy crap, me likey.........WAY better than stock. better feel, more predictable, less fade. after i broke them in, i put 150 miles on em on the dragon, and the roads around the dragon. pads are like 75 a set, and lines were a little more. good investment.
NeverSatisfied02 said:
My brakes feel great! No complaints on my 07 brakes!!
He's asking about the track guys. As fast as you may think you're going on the street or even roads like the Gap you are not putting the brakes through as much use/abuse as on a roadrace course.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The main gripe I have with my brakes is the ridiculous amount of lever travel in the front brake. It almost touches the handgrip and its adjusted all the way out!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Step 1 is to clean and de-glaze your pads and rotors. Then bleed your brakes. If they still feel wooden I'd go with some aftermarket pads.

Mine were terrible too until I did the aformentioned maintenance and what a difference!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Step 1 is to clean and de-glaze your pads and rotors. Then bleed your brakes. If they still feel wooden I'd go with some aftermarket pads.

Mine were terrible too until I did the aformentioned maintenance and what a difference!
in addition squeeze the pistons out 1/2 way and clean them with soap & water or brake cleaner and then push them back in with your fingers.

BD

·
Registered
63 Posts
I did the zx6 05 radial master, HH's and clean the pistons. Very happy with results. Not a killer brakes but great improve. Try it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have a 06 that I have been to the track on. My brake mods are full galfer lines, brembo 19x18, galfer HH pads, motul rbf600, stock calipers. I am pleased with my stopping power. I do not notice really any fade. So far they are compliant yet not overly aggresive. They are very easy to modulate. That becomes help when I need to make slight speed corrections. If you have the xtra money I would recommend this to anyone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks guys for the response,with reff to tho 07 brakes ,i think when you get this thing moving and push it very hard you will find the fade ,i thought the brakes were great to start with but i was just not useing the bike as i am know,the thing is a missile.as i said ,top tips guys thanks.
ps.anyone out there useing the qualifier rr tyres.

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
If you're having trouble with brakes at Donnington then you will definately have trouble elsewhere, Donnington is not that heavy on brakes .
I am running Stock master , EBC HH's and Galfer lines and didnt have too much problems at the track on Tuesday , the major improvement I found was 3lb knock back springs in the calipers.

·
Registered
540 Posts
thanks guys for the response,with reff to tho 07 brakes ,i think when you get this thing moving and push it very hard you will find the fade ,i thought the brakes were great to start with but i was just not useing the bike as i am know,the thing is a missile.as i said ,top tips guys thanks.
ps.anyone out there useing the qualifier rr tyres.
:+1: That is exactly what I experienced with the stock brake setup. After repeated heavy use they fade quite a bit. But like I said this is with the stock setup. Change the fluid, add some braided lines, and some better pads and it will get better.:beer:

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Try zx 14 calipars...I just got some off ebay and i have been told its an awsome swap..Very effective as well....I just gotta wait till they show up

·
Registered
910 Posts
When going from the -05 to the -07 I noticed a big improvemt on the brakes.

The brakes on the -04/-05 was horrible in my oppinion. I changed everything but the calipers, and still wasn't satisfied.

Heard a lot of good things about the -06/-07 brakes, so I descided to give the OEM parts a try. Used the OEM master for the preseason testing and they were miles better than the -04/-05, but still wasn't up to my expectations and demands.

This year I descided to go with the ISR radial master cylinder, galfer lines, pads, and discs. And damn.... Now we're talking.

The biggest improvement by far was the awesome ISR master cylinder. This thing is just a work of art, and it performes awesome.
Fully adjustable means that you can adjust both the distance from the handlebar (as with all master cylinders). Easy to do while riding aswell...
But you can also adjust the leverage of the brake leaver. You can actually adjust the ratio that you use when applying preasure on the brake lever. So if you want a really stiff brake lever with awesome feel to it you can have that. But you will have to apply more preasure to stop the bike, which will be exhausting in a long race. So you can play around with this setting until you find a ratio that you like... I actually use different ratios on different tracks depending how heavy the track is on my forearms...

I tel you, the ISR radial master cylinder is the best out there. A litlle more expensive than the Brembo, but well worth the few bucks. This is by far the best brake mod out there.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I tell you the ISR radial master cylinder is the best out there. A litlle more expensive than the Brembo, but well worth the few bucks. This is by far the best brake mod out there....
pretty too. :mrgreen:

BD

1 - 19 of 19 Posts