Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i bought my 07 zx10 with roll-a-clicklevers on it(not sure brand, can/will look). My problem is not that their spongy like i have read, but that the lever gets harder and harder to squeeze.The line is building pressure, to the point it will eventually lock the front brakes as if someone is holding the lever squeezed. I've bled the brakes and the problem still persists, Any help is appreciated, and the calipers are stock if that helps any.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I had this happen to me with my gen 1. Pull your calipers off the rotors and pull the pads. Take a piece of wood and put them between the pistons of the calipers and pump the lever until almost all of the pistons are exposed (dont go to far because the pistons WILL fall out). Take some simple green or other degreaser and a tooth brush and clean the pistons real good (not too sure about using brake cleaner because of the piston seals being rubber). Once you have the pistons nice and shiny drain the brake fluid out of your reservoir. Now push the pistons back into the caliper as far as they will go (watch your fluid levels in the reservoir and remove as needed). Install your pads and put them back on the rotors. Once youve done this to BOTH calipers start pumping the lever and it should restore your brakes.

Good Luck!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Take the brake lever off and make sure the plunger and grommet are seated correctly. I had this happen and mine locked up at 80 on the interstate the the more u ride, with it like this the faster they will lock up. I had to carry an 8mm around for abt 2wks before I figured it out, and it was all bec I changed out my levers, I bet anything that's the problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Take the brake lever off and make sure the plunger and grommet are seated correctly. I had this happen and mine locked up at 80 on the interstate the the more u ride, with it like this the faster they will lock up. I had to carry an 8mm around for abt 2wks before I figured it out, and it was all bec I changed out my levers, I bet anything that's the problem
Ok thanks for all the input guys, i'll start with this one tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes from there

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bigcat you're right, i pulled the lever off and the plunger wasn't seated properly in the gromet on the lever. Thank You

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Welcome buddy, glad u got it before something bad happened

1 - 8 of 8 Posts