Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you guys give me a complete run down of the exact years and bikes and caliper brand for which I could look into getting better brakes for my 07 ZX-10R.
I just got my bike this week and I am learning the factory brakes are JUNK! The Brake leaver hits my hand during braking. And I am not sure how long I can take this! HAHA

And any other parts I will need like bolts, lines ect...

Thanks

·
Registered
445 Posts
07 zx6 or 14 nissins w/braided lines will work just fine, I got my calipers for $140 shipped and $60 for the lines now I have 1 finger braking.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just 07 calipers?
And nissan calipers only or will the TOKICO calipers work as well?
Which is better the ZX6 or 14?
Do I need teh master cyl also?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
You need to understand with what you have before you can "improve on". Use the search button my friend. Time for some learning

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is why I am asking lots of "?" so I can learn!
I have seen that some have put on CBR1000 calipers are they better than the zx14?

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Just 07 calipers?
ITs 07-08 zx6r calipers, any year zx14, theyre all the same, nissins. Theres some tokikos from cbr1000s and a few others that work but the 6 and 14's require no spacers, just plug and play and yes they do make a world of difference!!!!!! Worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
ITs 07-08 zx6r calipers, any year zx14, theyre all the same, nissins. Theres some tokikos from cbr1000s and a few others that work but the 6 and 14's require no spacers, just plug and play and yes they do make a world of difference!!!!!! Worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:+1: on the 07-08 zx6r calipers and 14 calipers. SERIOUSLY:thumbsup:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just 07 calipers?
Nissins and braided lines, no need to change your master cylinder as long you have a nissin radial master cylinder and I know 2nd and 3rd gens have them, not sure about 1st gen. I think you need 06 or newer on the zx6r and any year zx14 but not sure about the years just as long as they are nissins, NO TOKICO that is what you have and they suck, although the tokico's on the 3rd gens are ok I do not think they will work on the other gens.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Nissins and braided lines, no need to change your master cylinder as long you have a nissin radial master cylinder and I know 2nd and 3rd gens have them, not sure about 1st gen. I think you need 06 or newer on the zx6r and any year zx14 but not sure about the years just as long as they are nissins, NO TOKICO that is what you have and they suck, although the tokico's on the 3rd gens are ok I do not think they will work on the other gens.
The Tokico's on the 1st and 2nd gen suck donkey balls. The CBR Tokico's are the bomb...I haven't compared them to the Nissins personally but from what I have read they are nearly the same, with the nod to the Nissins. Also the CBR Tokico's do require the spacer...as has been said.

To OP: the Tokico's in question are the CBR 600/1000RR calipers. You need to go through Ervins thread entitled, "The brakes are fixed"....here:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60215&highlight=brakes+fixed

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
The Tokico's on the 1st and 2nd gen suck donkey balls. The CBR Tokico's are the bomb...I haven't compared them to the Nissins personally but from what I have read they are nearly the same, with the nod to the Nissins. Also the CBR Tokico's do require the spacer...as has been said.

To OP: the Tokico's in question are the CBR 600/1000RR calipers. You need to go through Ervins thread entitled, "The brakes are fixed"....here:

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60215&highlight=brakes+fixed
You beat me to the punch Seb. Hope all is well bro.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
You beat me to the punch Seb. Hope all is well bro.
Yeah all is well...I have been modding the 10 a bit...check out my album. I dropped a few g's and am almost done putting her back together.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks a Bunch!!!
I think as of now I have decided to start looking for ZX-14 calipers and now on to my next ?
Galfer or Goodridge Brake lines???
And what pads???

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
07 zx6 or 14 nissins w/braided lines will work just fine, I got my calipers for $140 shipped and $60 for the lines now I have 1 finger braking.
+1 exactly my setup too

·
Registered
186 Posts
2005 to 2009 zx6 are the same as all the zx-14 of the same year. Maybe even newer 14s also. The calipers will bolt straight on. You will have to get pads for the Y M M of the donor calipers. And not all of us are able to afford the advertised best of Brembo.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Your wrong buddy 05 snd 06 calipers are shocking there like the standard 05 zx w0 ones

1 - 20 of 22 Posts