Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure theres a million and one threads on this but its 10am, and im still half asleep. my front brakes are squeeling when i brake on my 04. i have 17k miles on the bike, not sure if they are still the original pads or not. my question is, how hard are they to change yourself? is there a write up on here? i just did my brembo pads on my g35 last weekend, and it literally took 30 minutes. also, i know nothing about bike pads, and was wonderin if you guys could point me in the right direction (possibly give me some links) to sites that sell pads for a decent price.

i do mainly around town and some spirited riding, no track days with the bike yet.

thanx

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
It can be done without taking the calipers off, BUT............... if your changing pads do it right and clean your calipers good also. Here's a pretty good How-To

Easy to do, don't sweat it, so easy you'll kick yourself for even thinking about taking it to a shop. Just make sure you have a GOOD Quality Hex tool, (No a cheap soft one) the first time taking the calipers off they are tight, Cheap Hex tool= rounded off hole and a bit of cursing to remove them.

Grab a beer and enjoy.:thumbsup: :eek:ccasion1

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=35191

1 - 4 of 4 Posts