Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has done this on the front and back of a 06-07. And in wondering if it affects braking any?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Just make sure you get the proper clear tubing. I think the stuff is called "tygon" chemical resistant tubing. If you use the wrong stuff, the brake fluid will sweat right through it. The regular stuff you can get at the hardware store won't work.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just make sure you get the proper clear tubing. I think the stuff is called "tygon" chemical resistant tubing. If you use the wrong stuff, the brake fluid will sweat right through it. The regular stuff you can get at the hardware store won't work.
Thanks for the input. :)

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,561 Posts
Also, make SURE you leave an air gap at the top of the tube. If not, you'll create a suction in the tube and it will either collapse or the fluid won't flow. That's what the OEM bladder is for in the reservoir.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
694 Posts
i know people who race do it in the back but never in the front... remember that ur life depend on the brake...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
:+1:
I don't recommend it on the front. Too critical. Rear only.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
maybe the other bikes you were looking at had the reservoir built into. other than that i would not delete the front reservoir. kind of needed. maybe get a smaller reservoir like I did. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slim-Front-Brake-Reservoir-Fluid-Bottle-Suzuki-SV650-SV1000-SV-03-04-05-06-07-08-/120945314065?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c28e70911&vxp=mtr
Oh I do understand that too. It just that I've seen bikes done with both front and back deleted and I was just wondering if anyone had done it or not.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was just about to ask the same question. Not like a stock plastic reservoir weighs much and if you don't like the look of it you can always buy a prettier after market one or paint yours black or buy a carbon cover or something to hide it.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
thanks for the info on the tubing. i had put the normal tubing and realise that yes the it is sweating oil.. !!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just curious, why delete the reservoir? What benefit do you gain by eoing this?
Its not the weight loss, it just cleans it up some, and im not one for res covers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts