Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive me for asking but searching CBR calipers brought up too many topics. I plan on getting a whole front brake setup from a 2005 CBR 1000. Will this directly bolt on and what other parts will i be needing? I know you guys hate when people ask rather than do the research but i'm tired and i figured someone needs to get thier post count up anyways!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Yes but with 5 or 6mm spacers or you can just use washers. I used 6mm since the offset was a better fit.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Here is a pic with a spacer. And I upgraded the caliper bolts to a CBR also since it's a bolt head and not a hex. Those hex strip easy.

Attachments

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Save your money. Do a complete bleed down (drain the calipers completely). Straight off the showroom floor mine had thick dark fluid in the lower part of the caliper. After the first drain and clean it was much better. After the second drain and clean the brakes are every bit as good as my 999R and RSVR. The SB lines made little to no difference. Most people don't do a proper bleeding until they install lines and mistake the improvement as being a result of the lines, instead the result of fresh fluid and a good bleed.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I bled mine (literally) about a dozen times. They never got better. I used a vacuum pump, did it without a pump, hung the MC from higher up while bleeding, took the calipers off and bled them....it didn't matter. Nothing worked.

Swapped the CBR calipers and they are perfect. I doubt I bled them any better the 13th time than I did the previous 12 times.

Glad a simple bleed worked for you, but for everyone else, the stock calipers are a major problem!

·
GEN II Driver
2,894 Posts
i bled mine (literally) about a dozen times. They never got better. I used a vacuum pump, did it without a pump, hung the mc from higher up while bleeding, took the calipers off and bled them....it didn't matter. Nothing worked.

Swapped the cbr calipers and they are perfect. I doubt i bled them any better the 13th time than i did the previous 12 times.

Glad a simple bleed worked for you, but for everyone else, the stock calipers are a major problem!
:+1:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I changed my master, changed my lines to SS steal, bleed the shit out of them and my brakes were still shit. I didn't get the improvement I was looking for till I swapped out the calipers.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Save your money. Do a complete bleed down (drain the calipers completely). Straight off the showroom floor mine had thick dark fluid in the lower part of the caliper. After the first drain and clean it was much better. After the second drain and clean the brakes are every bit as good as my 999R and RSVR. The SB lines made little to no difference. Most people don't do a proper bleeding until they install lines and mistake the improvement as being a result of the lines, instead the result of fresh fluid and a good bleed.
:+1:

The stock calipers can be a pain to get all the air out, but once you do they are fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts