Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what brake pads do people use?? and what are the pros and cons.

apparently versah rjls and ebc ones are good

Im after a set for my 2002 gsxr 600 , any prices shipped to melbourne australia would be appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Resrah RJL.

I prefer a good intital bite and these are REALLY good with modulating too.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It all depends on if you are looking for street or track and also how aggressive your riding is. Street - regular riding OEM more then enough, really aggressive a good set of HH pads preferably Galfer (EBC = shyte). If you got money to spend Vesrah RJL. Track - new to racing Vesrah RJL, advanced EBC Extreme Pro or if you have money to spend Vesrah SRJL. I personally ran EBC Extreme Pro and WOW. They are supposed to be as good as SRJL but half the cost. All race pads are amazing in dry but not so good in wet. Vesrah RJL are really good for wet.

·
Registered
795 Posts
It all depends on if you are looking for street or track and also how aggressive your riding is. Street - regular riding OEM more then enough, really aggressive a good set of HH pads preferably Galfer (EBC = shyte). If you got money to spend Vesrah RJL. Track - new to racing Vesrah RJL, advanced EBC Extreme Pro or if you have money to spend Vesrah SRJL. I personally ran EBC Extreme Pro and WOW. They are supposed to be as good as SRJL but half the cost. All race pads are amazing in dry but not so good in wet. Vesrah RJL are really good for wet.
That's an awesome write up! I thought about trying the Pro's, but heard too many good things about the RJL's. I might try the Pro's next.

Do the EBC Extreme Pro pads have a good initial bit?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
thanks for the info vlad, i am exclusively looking for a track/racing brake pad set. Is there any advice on how to "break" in the new pads, i'm still going to be using stock rotors. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I'm going to try the Vesrah RJL next.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I haven't noticed an insane bite on the Extreme Pro pads but they grip really well. It might depend on my braking technique as well since I never apply the brakes too hard initially but just squeeze as hard as I need to trail brake into the corner. I try to be smooth :cool:. However, the first time I used the Extreme Pro pads I squeezed a bit hard and my rear tire started lifting and I slowed down way too fast and had to get on the gas. Also I have completely new brake markers now and they are way deeper then before.

As for the wear in period I didn't do anything special. I did a few laps and just took it easy and then gave it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Just ordered a set of these for when my current pads are done. Been hearing alot of good about them...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts