Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a good stock replacement pad?

i dont know how old my pads are, but fuck, they feel pretty damn squishy. i was on a newer bike at the dealership and barely put the brakes on, and they were definitely touchier than my bike.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
vesrah rjl's

·
Registered
115 Posts
How old is your bike? Do you have stock lines? Your pads might be ok if your lines have expended too much. Stock pads have a line on them to check wear. Take your caliper off and if you can't see a vertical line on your pad it's time to change.

What do you use your bike for(ie. just street, racing, track days/street)? Vesrah RJL is an over all awesome pad but expensive. If you have a ZX10R 04-07 you are looking at $120. Check out Galfer HH cause they are supposed to be a bit better then OEM but not as good as Vesrah but cheaper. I just got a set of EBC Extreme Pro and I will be testing them in 3 weeks. They are supposed to be as good as Vesrah SRJL but 1/2 the cost. These are race pads only. EBC HH are shit!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Been a diehard SBS Sintered User for all my bikes.

Running the Street compound on the 636 and Race on the 10R.
would say stick to the street as the Race does require some heat to work to the fullest, but damn do they work.
feel is totally prgressive with a nice initial bite..

·
Registered
142 Posts
what is a good stock replacement pad?

i dont know how old my pads are, but fuck, they feel pretty damn squishy. i was on a newer bike at the dealership and barely put the brakes on, and they were definitely touchier than my bike.
theres lots of good quality pads (galfer etc), just check any forum sponsor. Brake lines is a must also, cheap mod and very effective :wink:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How old is your bike? Do you have stock lines? Your pads might be ok if your lines have expended too much. Stock pads have a line on them to check wear. Take your caliper off and if you can't see a vertical line on your pad it's time to change.

What do you use your bike for(ie. just street, racing, track days/street)? Vesrah RJL is an over all awesome pad but expensive. If you have a ZX10R 04-07 you are looking at $120. Check out Galfer HH cause they are supposed to be a bit better then OEM but not as good as Vesrah but cheaper. I just got a set of EBC Extreme Pro and I will be testing them in 3 weeks. They are supposed to be as good as Vesrah SRJL but 1/2 the cost. These are race pads only. EBC HH are shit!
2005. stock lines. just street. thanks for the help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts