Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, so I redid my brakes, swapped the front calipers with the zx14 ones

night and day difference and with some crg shorties and SS Galfer lines the bike stops on a dime

now I have about 5,000 k miles on these pads they are the HH

so I assume I will buy a set of HH pads for a zx14 then since those are the calipers I have

I have a set of new race pads for the zx10, but I would rather not use those carbons as they are well race pads, I want some HH pads

so my question is, where to get some HH zx14 pads, and a good deal, and I dont want to risk it running zx10 pads in zx14 calipers

thx

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
ok guys, so I redid my brakes, swapped the front calipers with the zx14 ones

night and day difference and with some crg shorties and SS Galfer lines the bike stops on a dime

now I have about 5,000 k miles on these pads they are the HH

so I assume I will buy a set of HH pads for a zx14 then since those are the calipers I have

I have a set of new race pads for the zx10, but I would rather not use those carbons as they are well race pads, I want some HH pads

so my question is, where to get some HH zx14 pads, and a good deal, and I dont want to risk it running zx10 pads in zx14 calipers

thx
The zx10 pads won't work.
You can use the 07-08 zx6r pads I was using sbs but switched to ebc and they do pretty good.

·
Registered
453 Posts
The ZX-10 pads will fit after some filing/grinding off of the sides of the metal part. I did exactlt that when I recently did the same switch. Just measure the metal area width of the Nissin caliper pads and then grind down the Tokico pads. This is what the guys from Braketech told me you can do without any problems.

I did it....and no problems whatsoever. The only thing is that the top retainer pad clip thingies wont go on with the ZX-10 pads in the Nissin calipers. But alot of guys don't use the clips anyways.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx guys you guys rock

how often, after how many miles do you guys change pads, street riding

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
for street riding I would suggest changing them ever season with the tires depending on how much you ride.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx buddy, yeah I need to change mine, I have about 8,000 miles on the bike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts