Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have new front and rear pads for my 05 and I was wondering if bleeding my lines is required when I install the pads or is it alright to just pull the calipers off, compress the pistons and just re-install my new pads? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have new front and rear pads for my 05 and I was wondering if bleeding my lines is required when I install the pads or is it alright to just pull the calipers off, compress the pistons and just re-install my new pads? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
As long as you don't take the lines off or over extend the pistons till they pop you you have no need to bleed it. If the fluid is old it wouldn't hurt to bleed the old stuff out and replace with clean stuff though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As long as you don't take the lines off or over extend the pistons till they pop you you have no need to bleed it. If the fluid is old it wouldn't hurt to bleed the old stuff out and replace with clean stuff though.
Fluid was changed by local shop less than 3000k ago on my last service so it should still be fine. As for extending the pistons until they pop, I'll have to carefully compress them so I avoid this. Is it possible to compress by hand or will I need a clamp or something to do this? Also if I do happen to make the pistons pop, what is the proper way to bleed these lines?

Thanks again. Cheers!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Youtube is a man's best friend :thumbsup:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Just don't hit the brake lever when the caliper is off. You may be able to compress them by hand.. can't say I ever tried it that way. It would prob go, but slow. You can also use an old pad and a small c clamp and slowly compress it that as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just don't hit the brake lever when the caliper is off. You may be able to compress them by hand.. can't say I ever tried it that way. It would prob go, but slow. You can also use an old pad and a small c clamp and slowly compress it that as well.
Alright thanks for the info. I'll also check you tube to see if there is a video on bleeding these lines so I'll know for the future.

Cheers guys

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
Alright thanks for the info. I'll also check you tube to see if there is a video on bleeding these lines so I'll know for the future.

Cheers guys
Do you have an iPhone?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have an iPhone?
No I don't have an Iphone. I did check youtube though and bleeding the lines should be a piece of cake. Going to change the pads tomorrow and I think I'll bleed the lines anyways. Thanks again for all the input.

Cheers

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
You can do ti by hand no problem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts