Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my ZX6 calipers and m/c and I bought a set of Galpher S/S lines from a member on here.
I finally get around to putting them on and went about taking off the old system being careful not to make a mess.

Got the new system on and start bleeding, but m/c not pumping up. Oops, I hear a leak. Yep, one of the Galpher lines has a leak at the hose and fitting connection.

So now I got a small mess with some fluid on my race tires, and rim. I only made a bigger mess getting lines back off and the old lines back on again. I sure hope I got all that fluid wiped off good.

Get to looking at the bad line and the fitting comes off. Broke like it had been crimped or bent maybe. I think Galphers Karma was just catching up to me. BD aught to understand what I'm saying here! LOL...

So I've made the mod, but still have stock lines for now. I can already feel a difference in the action of the brake lever. Less travel and more friction from the initial pull of the lever. Will get out on the road tomorrow and check out braking power and feel.

I think there is enought line to trim off the fitting and have a new on put on. A a fluid connectors business not to far away.

·
Registered
657 Posts
damn, that's some shitty luck. even shittier that a member here would sell some bunk lines. i think they have a lifetime warranty tho, so contact galFer and see what they say.

oh, and spray a bunch of brake clean on the tire where the fluid got on it, it will suck the brake fluid right out of the tire, then wipe off. good as new. otherwise the brake fluid will penetrate the pores of the rubber and start to degrade it. brake fluid is some nasty stuff, it'll eat straight through paint.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hey man, if not mistaken Galfer will replace that brakeline for free!

thay have a warranty and are pretty good about customer support as well, even if it was operators head space and timing.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I bought a Brembo MC with lever 19x20, it came with the electrical and rubber hose to the resevior.

Connecting the hose the stock resevior will work wont it? Let me know someone - anyone....I would post a question but I'm afraid of getting banned for asking/posting too many questions. THANKS!!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I bought a Brembo MC with lever 19x20, it came with the electrical and rubber hose to the resevior.

Connecting the hose the stock resevior will work wont it? Let me know someone - anyone....I would post a question but I'm afraid of getting banned for asking/posting too many questions. THANKS!!
You can post as many questions or posts as you like. You will not get banned for this.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ok...

Tell that to "Bluedevil".....Anyways..... Thanks!! I will post the question:wink:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
damn, that's some shitty luck. even shittier that a member here would sell some bunk lines. i think they have a lifetime warranty tho, so contact galFer and see what they say.

oh, and spray a bunch of brake clean on the tire where the fluid got on it, it will suck the brake fluid right out of the tire, then wipe off. good as new. otherwise the brake fluid will penetrate the pores of the rubber and start to degrade it. brake fluid is some nasty stuff, it'll eat straight through paint.
I am the member that sold him those lines. This is the first I heard that they had issues. Gang Green never contacted me about this. Those lines were BRAND NEW. I bought them from a Cycle Gear store, so I know they were new and never used. The package had never been opened B4 I bought them. I did open the package once to look at them. I told Gang Green that before he bought them.

I am sorry about this. I had no idea. Surely Galfer will replace it. If not I will glady refund him his money. I sold them to him at about 1/2 price of retail, but they were brand new. God as my witness I state such.

JJ

1 - 9 of 9 Posts