Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to swap out the stock brake lines for either the stainless lines or the kevlar. The kevlar are around $20 more than the stainless. The description says the kevlar has less flex than the stainless. Do any of you run the kevlar and if so is it enough of a difference to get them over the stainless? Most of my riding is on the street but i do some trackdays also.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have had on the staniless steel brake lines for over a year. And yes they help however if you do not ride extremely hard you are wasting your money. I still have major brake fade riding on the street with the stainless steel brake lines. However that kind of riding can only be done on certain parts of the country. I did put on the EBC brake pads and that helped more. They are way better.

Today I had a incident that happened that I got to test them. I was getting it hard in second gear ant the front was air born wasn't like riding a wheely it was a power wheelie and this bitch pulled out in front of me I was running around 120 mph I hit the back brakes and then slammed on the front and I started doing a endo at around 110mph. Scared the shit out of me. The back brakes are stock. Go figure

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've had kevler before and I liked the staniless because of the price and I couldn't tell the difference.
grover said:
I am going to swap out the stock brake lines for either the stainless lines or the kevlar. The kevlar are around $20 more than the stainless. The description says the kevlar has less flex than the stainless. Do any of you run the kevlar and if so is it enough of a difference to get them over the stainless? Most of my riding is on the street but i do some trackdays also.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I have some for sale front and rear for $110 shipped. This is a $150 value they are yellow superbike lines and match the gold calipers quite well. They were mounted to my bike for 700 miles. PM me or look for the 'goodies' thread in the For Sale section to call dibs. kiernan racing sells them for 100 just the front on ebay.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. I picked up a set of Galfer stainless lines and Galfer pads and installed them on Sunday. They made a huge difference. Can't wait to get it to the track now.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The galfer pads have no bite. If you decide you dont like them try the SBS, they are MUCH better as I tried both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts