Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive my ignorance again guys but.....

Today I took the heatsinks off my front break pads and finally noticed that (if you are sitting on the bike, in riding position,) the left front caliper has one brake line running to it and the right has 2.

Whats up with that? Are all bikes like that? What is the purpose?

Thanks...:badteeth:

Oh and I got my GPR damper in today. Ill post pics later. Gotta get locktite though fore the install.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
flatout said:
crossover line, recommended to be replaced with two single lines, ie: one line to each caliper less pressure on line. stock lines flex. Give me a buzz for more info on lines/prices if your interested.
^^^^ The man is a born salesman!!!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
miykl said:
^^^^ The man is a born salesman!!!
He aint gotta sell me nothin, I want it all already.

Limiting factor: lack or funds...:sad:

·
Registered
11,028 Posts
I've seen pictures of people routing the stainless galfer lines in the stock crossover configuration. For a moment I thought that I had done it incorrectly by routing each line from the master cylinder down to each caliper.

Why would Kawasaki route like this in the first place? (crossover) that is

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
One of the British magazines said. "Replace the jumper style brake lines with two separate lines as soon as you can. That way, if one hose springs a leak you will still have front brakes". Dumb arses. If one of the hoses springs a leak, you better have a parachute because you are going to need it. No line pressure, no brakes.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
zeta xray said:
One of the British magazines said. "Replace the jumper style brake lines with two separate lines as soon as you can. That way, if one hose springs a leak you will still have front brakes". Dumb arses. If one of the hoses springs a leak, you better have a parachute because you are going to need it. No line pressure, no brakes.

:lol: What maroons... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
Forgive my ignorance again guys but.....

Today I took the heatsinks off my front break pads and finally noticed that (if you are sitting on the bike, in riding position,) the left front caliper has one brake line running to it and the right has 2.

Whats up with that? Are all bikes like that? What is the purpose?

Thanks...:badteeth:

Oh and I got my GPR damper in today. Ill post pics later. Gotta get locktite though fore the install.
hey hill...how long have you owned this bike....wow :} Time to start doing more preride inspections dude or clean the bike more...both thing make you see everything on the bike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts