Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I had this for a while since I replaced my MC with a Radial one.
I have an 05 and the its a tight fit having the throttle cables and the brake lines all in the same spot.

I have seen people rotating their throttle assembly (housing)...
Im wondering how this is done...
Is it as simple as just rotating it ?
There is a small tit on the housing that goes inside the small hole to prevent the housing from rotating...

Do I just need to rotate the housing and drill a new hole for the tab/tit ?
What am i missing here ?

THanks

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I think the solution Goldfish had for his was to get new 2008 braided brake lines, but he also had to remove the right side switches and put them up by the dash. Really cool how he got it to work since he changed out the clip ons, the radial MC, brake lines, and moved the starter and kill switch to the dash panel. Maybe he can chime in to help out.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I had the same issue when I installed a ZX-14 radial master on my 04. It will fit, you just have to move the brake lines around a bit. I can take a pic tomorrow of how mine are routed if you need it.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think I have to do all that.
I have seen people running it differently.
They rotate the throttle housing upward to the cables exit on top and not at the bottom.
I think I can do it but Im just making sure Im doing it right.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same issue when I installed a ZX-14 radial master on my 04. It will fit, you just have to move the brake lines around a bit. I can take a pic tomorrow of how mine are routed if you need it.
Yes it fits.. as I am running it right now.
The only reason Im doing this is that I've seen better solutions.
Im also using SS brake lines for GEN 2 since they already have radials.
Gen 2 brake lines are much shorter than GEN 1 so I can only route the brake lines with little options.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Do all what? Loosen the brake lines at the banjo bolt where they bolt into the radial. They can be moved so they don't touch the throttle cables.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was replying to bird_dog0347 :)
You just replied right away (damn that was fast)

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I was replying to bird_dog0347 :)
You just replied right away (damn that was fast)
I gotcha. Just trying to help - I pulled my hair out trying to get everything to fit just right when I was doing mine. I think I may have loosened the throttle housinf as well - it will move just a tiny bit.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
On my 04 I kept the cables routed under the radial. I never tried to take the throttle off and route like my 08. It would make more sense and life a bit easier.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Yep, just dremel the tit off the throttle, and rotate it up, the 06-07 housing is like that from the factory. Even after dremeling off the tit you still have plenty of clamping force, you have to do that to install aftermarket clip ons anyway, so i had to do that with all my stichgear as well.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Good to know 9r - now I can fix mine too. :thumbsup:

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks 9R to 10R

Damn you guys are just so damn fast on replying.
I just finished thanking Alien10 and theres already another reply from 9R

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
One other thing, make sure you check real good anytime you mess with the routing of those throttle cables, turn the bars lock to lock several times with the bike running to make sure you don't have any binding or anything amiss with the throttle operation, that would be real bad if the throttle stuck when the bars are tunred or something. You might need to play a bit with you cable routing and arangement.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One other thing, make sure you check real good anytime you mess with the routing of those throttle cables, turn the bars lock to lock several times with the bike running to make sure you don't have any binding or anything amiss with the throttle operation, that would be real bad if the throttle stuck when the bars are tunred or something. You might need to play a bit with you cable routing and arangement.
good looking out man. rep sent! :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts