Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of finishing the 05 6R master cylinder conversion and I need some help deciding which way to route the brake lines. I noticed yesterday that the lines are for a 05 6RR but I didn't think it would make that much of a difference and they are pretty long.

Thanks for the help.

Goodridge packaging with part number:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Option 2

Conventional routing again with brake side line over the fork:

Last option is to sell the lines and get the 6R lines and hope their shorter.:dontknow:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Yea a bit long but ok and no it wouldn't matter 6r or 6rr. Personally i would keep the lines behind the fender if at all possible.
Could the longer one be for the opposite side(usually is the furthest from the MC)

BD

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could the longer one be for the opposite side(usually is the furthest from the MC)

BD
Thats what I thought but I've switched them around and have tried all the different options I can think of and I still get a decent amount of slack. Subsequently that's why I have to run the brake side line around the fork because if I were to run it conventionally the slack would hit the radiator at steering lock or protude past the body work and possibly drag or get cut during a crash.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
To me your right side line needs to go behind your fork leg, the left one looks OK, what you need is the line keepers out of the stock fender, they do a good job of keeping your lines routed properly.

Plus one on what BD said, pretty sure the longer line goes to the left side, I am positive thats the way my Gafler superbike lines installed.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
To me your right side line needs to go behind your fork leg, the left one looks OK, what you need is the line keepers out of the stock fender, they do a good job of keeping your lines routed properly.

Plus one on what BD said, pretty sure the longer line goes to the left side, I am positive thats the way my Gafler superbike lines installed.
:+1:

I would wrap those lines with plastic tubing and zip ties where the lower triple clamp are. My buddy's GSXR600 leaked because the dealer installed it and it was rubbing on the metal.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for the help guys I followed your advice and routed the lines conventionally with the longer line going to clutch side caliper and the shorter line to the brake side caliper. I'll probably keep it like this unless you see something that would make the lines unsafe.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
looks otay from what i see, just make sure the banjo's are at their proper angle when install/tightening time comes and yer golden. :thumbsup:

BD

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
what i meant was make sure the banjo's fit as flush as possible to the caliper before mounting them other wise the slightest twist of the line can create problems.

And yes vertically is correct..........i think :wink:

BD

1 - 12 of 12 Posts