Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a question on the routing off Galfer lines on my 06 ZX10R.

The stock routing is 1 line from the MC to the right front caliper then a line from that caliper over the fender to the left caliper.

When going to the Galfer lines do I run both lines from the MC to each caliper separately? I believe this is true but would appreciate any guidance you all can provide.

THIs photo suggests both lines go to the calipers separately but this is an older photo... PHOTO COURTESY OF MEMBER "HOSER"

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
yes that is true, ONLY if you ordered the dual routing kit.... if thats what it is, then you route both lines from the M.C.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick- thanks for the response from a local MA guy (I am from Worcester). How do I know if I got the dual mounting kit? I ordered them from Higgins Powersports in Barre MA

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
im trying to find a photo right now of what it should look like...

check the part number on the package, front, and if it matches this one .... GAL-15-236.... then its a dual line kit

and almost all galfer kits are dual line kits....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
T-bone- thanks...

My only trepedation is that the newer Galfer lines dont use that adapter I believe (at least they dont on my 01 GSXR750)- they bolt right up to the stock caliper without issue. I assume that is the only difference between the older Galfer lines and the newer versions?

·
Registered
600 Posts
T-bone- thanks...

My only trepedation is that the newer Galfer lines dont use that adapter I believe (at least they dont on my 01 GSXR750)- they bolt right up to the stock caliper without issue. I assume that is the only difference between the older Galfer lines and the newer versions?
if your refering to the superbike lines, yes they hook up to the caliper with and adapter, becasue of the 90 dergree elbow.

the regular ss lines no they do not, they just bolt up with a regular banjo bolt straight to the caliper.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if your refering to the superbike lines, yes they hook up to the caliper with and adapter, becasue of the 90 dergree elbow.

the regular ss lines no they do not, they just bolt up with a regular banjo bolt straight to the caliper.
I ordered the identical version for the 10R as I did for the GSXR so there is my answer. Thanks all for the quick responses...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Easiest way to tell is to look at the banjo bolt that in the kit and look at the length of it. If it has 2 separate holes or just 1 hole.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts