Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok sports, i just baught a gen 3 zx10r and about a week after taking it home the breaklight went out and got pulled over before i realised. I can change the fuse and it will work just fine untill i ride for a bit. Then it poppes randomly....
Any ideas or experiences?
Thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
Welcome.

Yeah, we need a little more info than that. If the fuse pops, then you have an electrical problem. Obviously. The power is shorting to ground and drawing too much amperage through the fuse. That's not typical for that model of bike, so you need to troubleshoot the issue.

Is it the stock OEM taillight in there or has it been replaced to an aftermarket one? Do the turn signals work? Does the license plate light work? Have you unplugged it and checked the connector? Any obvious signs that the wiring is melting is certain spots? Any other issues with the bike?

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
682 Posts
Ok sports, i just baught a gen 3 zx10r and about a week after taking it home the breaklight went out and got pulled over before i realised. I can change the fuse and it will work just fine untill i ride for a bit. Then it poppes randomly....
Any ideas or experiences?
Thanks
Did the fuse pop (light discoloration) or blow up (heavy black discoloration)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts