Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, when I got on my bike to come home from work, as I was pulling away I grabbed the front brake and it felt like it was stuck for just a second. Kind of strange, never had that happen before. All the way home the brakes just don't feel the same. Very spongy. I have read others say this about their brakes (spongy), but mine just didn't seem that bad.
Anyone have any thoughts? Should I bleed? Replace the pads? What type of fluid do most of you recommend?

thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have the same issues. The brakes suck big time!
The OEM stuff from my previous bike (TL1000R) was 10 times better with it's 5/8" MC and 6 piston Tokiko's.

I don't get it, I mean radial calipers and wave rotors.. it should be the shit.. but it just doesn't stop, it slows down..

I'm gettin a radial MC, SS lines and some sintered pads for this bike., it's mandatory!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I have no idea but sounds like somethings messed up in the mastercylender...

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
I have not heard of that problem myself, but i know that some new pads will make a big difference. Also the biggest difference i have noticed thus far has been from the Brembo M/C. I think a good setup is a Brembo M/C, SS Lines, and Ferodo Sintergrip XR pads. Worked very well for me.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hmmmm brakes. I considered swapping out my master cyl, to a brembo but I dont know if I will now or not. I swapped out my lines to Galfers and bled them and I have more brake than I know what to do with. Mine are very responsive and I have great lever feel. At the moment I have no complaints with them. A large portion of it I am sure is from the wheels that I put on. Less spinning mass makes a HUGE difference, But I did notice a difference from the Galfer`s. Im still running the stock pads and rotors (at the moment). But the more I look at those Brake Tech Rotors the more I want them :mrgreen: I just wonder how long they would last compared to the normal type rotors. Plus the price is crazy!! There are just so many options out there to consider.
Id start with pads and lines first and go from there. Its a fairly cheap mod and it might just do the trick for ya.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
K10 said:
Today, when I got on my bike to come home from work, as I was pulling away I grabbed the front brake and it felt like it was stuck for just a second. Kind of strange, never had that happen before. All the way home the brakes just don't feel the same. Very spongy. I have read others say this about their brakes (spongy), but mine just didn't seem that bad.
Anyone have any thoughts? Should I bleed? Replace the pads? What type of fluid do most of you recommend?

thanks
The topic has been severely abused around here with the consensus being a weak MC, with that said pads, fluid, ss-lines AND plenty of bleeding will improve the system without replacing the MC so it depends on how far your $$$ goes as to what you want in return.

Motul RBF600 or Castrol SRF fluids are two of the best.

BD

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Its because it sat in the sun and got hot. Mine does this all the time.

·
Registered
945 Posts
:+1: mine does the same thing, sometimes you have to squeeze the lever so hard to get past the notches it feels like the front wheel may lock. savin up right now for brembo mc stainless lines and pads

1 - 9 of 9 Posts