Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading the Brembo thread and thought I'd throw this out here.
I'm running Motul 5.1. When my S/S warranty line shows up I gotta refill and bleed again.
So my question is, what difference if any would I feel using there DOT4 product?

I'll do at least 6 track days this summer and some other tracktime, and of course street riding too.
Oh, I'm using the the OEM '07 ZX6 calipers and master.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
not sure if there is any difference is feeling between the fluids. but i run motul rbf 600 now and plan to switch to castrol srf fluid. both dot 4

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
There is no "felt" diffy between fluid. The only thing different is the heat tolerance of the different fluids. One is going to be affected much less by heat, possibly keeping your lever feel the same on the first pull or the 50th pull of a session. In reality i would guess that you are not going to hammer your brakes hard enough to ever benefit from the extreme high end race stuff.
New synthetic DOT 3-4 fluid has a very high boil point.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that is why I posted this. Ya see the Motul 5.1 has a higher boiling point than there dot 4, but it is almost 1/2 the price.

I wondering why then is that dot 4 something that so many racers seem to use if the other has the higher boiling point?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts