Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any general tips or comments about changing over from the stock lines to braided. I'm changing out my 89's this weekend along with putting a stage 3 jet kit in it, new levers and new rubber......

I have never changed lines before so any inside info would be great.

thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
Watch youtube videos on how to bleed your brake lines once you put the new ones on....Not to hard of a job to swap them

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
828 Posts
The new lines may be routed differently than the old ones...make sure to follow the instructions for the new lines.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We actually have a vacuum pump to bleed them so I think that will help quite a bit....

Thanks for the replies guys!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
cover all plastics up or whip them off the bike to be sure! also i found with old M/C they are a nightmare to bleed so what i do is whip the M/C off the bar with reservoir connected, then open up the banjo bolt to the M/C and quickly replace it with a bolt so the M/C stays wet so to speak, also it will help bleed them faster as u wont be running fluid tring to get the air out of the M/C, god bless the new radial that have the bleeder on the M/C!! new crush washers a must too!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Do not let brake fluid hit anything!!! Use dot4 fluid. Sometimes the vacuum pump method doesn't work... Didn't work for me anyways. I always had air in system no matter what so what I did was bleed the best I could at both calipers and master then went for a ride to warm up brake fluid. Parked bike and zip tied brake lever pulled all the way in. Let it sit over night then woke up cracked blessed, the rest of the air came out. Brakes are perfect now!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brakes are done!! used a pump to help bleed. My 1989 master cylinder doesnt have a bleed nipple. Ther rear is bled perfect but the front maybe not soo much. I also changed levers and now I and not sure if I have all the air out until it gets ridden. Hoepfully with the weather getting warmer up here it will see the road some time this week.

So from what I have read you guys are hinting at bleeding them regardless of performance after riding for the first time??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts