Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put goodridge braided hoses on my 2008 ZX10R.
Any surgestions on which brake fluid is best,what are you all using?
I read that dot4 is the way to go,but which brand is the best?
Thanks

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have been using Motul RBF600 since about day 32 (first track day) with my bike. I have never had problems with it..then again, I might not be as hard on the brakes as some.:thumbsup::badteeth:

·
Registered
598 Posts
:+1:
i have been using motul rbf600 since about day 32 (first track day) with my bike. I have never had problems with it..then again, i might not be as hard on the brakes as some.:thumbsup::badteeth:

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
i have rbf600 in my system now... and i dont think its worth the 18 bucks i paid for it.... down to the basics.... hyd. fluid is hyd. fluid and we all know fluids are noncompressible in a hyd. system... so it doesnt matter really what you use as long as it is compatible with the system your using.... i.e. if the system requires dot4... then just about anything is fine. i really think your paying for the name when it comes to fluids... but thats just my :2cents:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I disagree, the alcohol bases burn easy, not even track riding but aggressive riding on my part started to caramel my stock fluid.
use rbf on the race bikes and its never an issue, never burn fluid under track conditions even with thin lines.

if you do swap to the silicon base(like rbf600) make sure to flush the system completely the alcohol and silicate bases have some chemical reaction of been told that eats the rubber? i dont remember why its no bueno but it is.

·
Registered
614 Posts
DOT 4 is old tech. It has been superseded by DOT 5.1 (NOTE: This is NOT the same as DOT 5 which is silicone based and isn't a good idea to use).

Motul DOT 5.1 is a great fluid and will serve you well.

Motul DOT 4, 5.1, RBF600, RBF660 are all poly-glycol-based. They don't use the silicone stuff anymore. Personally unless you're consistently doing track days the merits of RBF600 are wasted. Better to just go the 5.1 and change it every 12 months minimum. You won't have any troubles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts