Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered the boz bros moira system after seeing it and hearing a few clips on the youtube. Not sure how many people have it, not many that ive seen, but i thought id give it a try. I just wanted to post a few pics because i think its looks effin; sweet and maybe help out some peeps. Im gonna post a vid soon and ill post a link here if anyones interested, but for know heres the pics ,tell me what ya think....Oh and by the way, yes its F****** LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/925stunna/DSC01098.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/925stunna/Kawi-hotness.jpg

·
Banned
654 Posts
SWEET MAN!! I have it on my 07 and its LOUD but sounds mean as hell and look BEST out of all system for these bikes!!

Glad you like it man!! I just love it cause its different(rare) but looks so sexy, its loud and sounds so good.

·
Banned
654 Posts
Yeah it really does. It dumps out the bottom of the bike on mine. Yours is slightly different as it comes out more to the side but the same idea. Looks great on both bikes though!

Ill get some pics when i get my bike back from getting the rest of the work done to it.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
thanks man. i had just gotten over wanting to do that system and spending the money on brakes instead, then you post a pic of the EXACT bike i have with the EXACT exhaust i want. now i'm screwed. that looks so god damn good. any shots from the rear or rear 3/4?? looks awesome man, enjoy, and lookin forward to the sound clip!!!

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
love the tail with nothing on it. take that plate and slap it up under there above the shock somewhere. then it'll look perfect from the ass.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sick dude!! I have it on my 06...best system out there, esp for the price. Congrats and enjoy shooting flames :eek:ccasion1

·
Banned
654 Posts
I mounted my plate tucked up in there and it really looks great! The whole ass end is free and clear of all that bulky stock stuff. Ill post pics of mine and a sound clip when I get it back. Should have it tomorrow.

Oh, steel braided lines and gfa pads are next on my list as well! Lol

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
love the tail with nothing on it. take that plate and slap it up under there above the shock somewhere. then it'll look perfect from the ass.

:thumbsup: YEAH 10-4 on that, i just had that since day 1 with my sb2 and it looked ok. Next on my list is the goodridge kevlar lines and pads as well. goin fast and sounding loud is always a plus, but then again so is stopping, :lol:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
You should have spent the money on a hacksaw, just cut off your stock pipe at an angle and you'd have the same thing.
And with the leftover cash you could have bought some Weed-B-Gone for your driveway.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You should have spent the money on a hacksaw, just cut off your stock pipe at an angle and you'd have the same thing.
And with the leftover cash you could have bought some Weed-B-Gone for your driveway.
Yeah i dont think a hacksaw will give you the HP this system does but go ahead and give it a try and tell me how it works bud. And its not just my driveway, my whole yards fukd....Well heres some audio, camera stopped working but got a few seconds in. CRITICIZE AL U WANT FUGGERS, :lol:

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/925stunna/?action=view&current=MOV01103.flv

·
Registered
20 Posts
BoZ Bros

I was thinking of hookin up 06 10r with the Boz ehaust like most of you have. I love the look and sound of it. The only question I have is..."Does the police ever hassle you about the sound? Or you guys just keep it low rpm's while passing one to keep em from effin with ya? " Anyone ever get ticketed for it?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah i dont think a hacksaw will give you the HP this system does but go ahead and give it a try and tell me how it works bud. And its not just my driveway, my whole yards fukd....Well heres some audio, camera stopped working but got a few seconds in. CRITICIZE AL U WANT FUGGERS, :lol:

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/925stunna/?action=view&current=MOV01103.flv
there is no performance advantage to running this system over the stock without the muffler. the stock headers are designed very well, and have much more time spent to developing them. they will both make power up top and lose a LOT of torque down low.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
there is no performance advantage to running this system over the stock without the muffler. the stock headers are designed very well, and have much more time spent to developing them. they will both make power up top and lose a LOT of torque down low.
Actually ive noticed no loss, if not gain, in torque below. I know it sounds iffy, but im tellin ya i was surprised as well. This is what is on the boz site, stock vs. moira. If you wanna argue it talk to the bostrom bros. cause im goin off the site and my ride experience.

http://www.bozbros.com/c.html

I guess what makes this system what it is is the 4-2-1 design. I know a few pipes have same design and similar look but i cant remember what ones they are. Also installation was cake, removed stock and installed in 1 hour with hand tools.

And as far as harassment, ive only had it on about a week and yeah i kept it low while passing them. I'd say its in the same sound field as a H.D. with loud pipes just different tone. So far im pretty happy with my purchase and i dont have a custom map, YET.

·
Registered
957 Posts
that was the first exhaust i had on mine it does look bad ass but after a while you will get tired of the sound too loud specially if you ride in the street mainly sounds like a mustang or camaro or something . :crackup: but it does look bad ass congrats man.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yeah i dont think a hacksaw will give you the HP this system does but go ahead and give it a try and tell me how it works bud. And its not just my driveway, my whole yards fukd....
:lol: I was just giving you hell.

I also think it is kind of silly that we think we should have more horsepower than these bikes come with stock.
The 2008 ZX-10R could come stock with a loud exhaust and 250hp and the first thing half of us would do is swap the can and get a Power Commander to try and get 255. :headshake

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know man i got no worries, everyones cool on here.

I'm only 160 and i think the HP i have now is perfect, pretty much. All i wanna do is get the thin head gasket and thats all for performance. I know realistically we hardly can use the power but its nice to have and i think i handle it well :dontknow: . WE ALL WANT MORE POWER right? thats why they make a friggin turbo kit :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts