Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just have a quick question, i plan on getting the boz brothes exhaust system or slip on... would i need to buy a power commander as well?

thanks

·
Registered
973 Posts
Boz...aren't they really loud, like too loud?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
i just have a quick question, i plan on getting the boz brothes exhaust system or slip on... would i need to buy a power commander as well?

thanks
Expect HP loss with this exhaust.......:badteeth:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Expect HP loss with this exhaust.......:badteeth:
Why would you say such a thing? I have gained the same amount of HP and Torque as an Akra Evo 2. The only advantage to the Akra is a bit stronger midrange only 2HP more at 5K-8K. The Boz actually has longer runners then stock or the Akra system. So it does have adequate back pressure contrary to what most people think. I dyno right now at 151rwhp on Factory Pro's dyno and bone stock was at 134rwhp. My mods are Boz Moira, PCIII, Factory Pro V-Stacks, BMC Race Filter, and Kawi Kit Intake Cam 104 Intake 102 Exhaust. So obviously I didn't lose power.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Not trying to call you out Ruthless so please don't take it that way. But I'm really tired of people bad mouthing the Boz Moira Exhaust when most people haven't really done any testing with it or have it themselves. I have done some extensive testing and I feel its every bit as good as the Akra for the price. I paid the price of a slip-on for the basically header. But the header tube OD is about 2mm larger then stock. The profile of the header tubes are longer. That promotes back pressure. To say the system has no back pressure is false. Also a tid bit of info Area P are the ones who designed and engineered the exhaust for Boz. Anybody really have anything bad to say about them. But like I said no disrespect towards you Ruthless cause your results speak for themselves and I'm really not at your level but just kinda had to get this off my chest.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Not trying to call you out Ruthless so please don't take it that way. But I'm really tired of people bad mouthing the Boz Moira Exhaust when most people haven't really done any testing with it or have it themselves. I have done some extensive testing and I feel its every bit as good as the Akra for the price. I paid the price of a slip-on for the basically header. But the header tube OD is about 2mm larger then stock. The profile of the header tubes are longer. That promotes back pressure. To say the system has no back pressure is false. Also a tid bit of info Area P are the ones who designed and engineered the exhaust for Boz. Anybody really have anything bad to say about them. But like I said no disrespect towards you Ruthless cause your results speak for themselves and I'm really not at your level but just kinda had to get this off my chest.
Nah, thats cool. I'm just going on what my tuner told me. He said he lost power over stock exhaust when he bolted the Boz on. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Without tuning alot of pipes actually lose power. Raul over at Factory Pro installed a Leo Vince full system on a 2006 CBR1000RR without tuning it actually lost 3RWHP throughout the RPM band. Go figure? With tuning it gained nearly 11RWHP.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
True:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts