Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any body used boz bros exhaust before? anybody have any reviews.. thinking of throwing the gild can on my bike for now until i save up for a new sidewinder.. or hopefullycome across a cheap used one.. ut for now im thinking of going boz bros gild exhaust.. any body have pics or reviews.. or opinions on there brand

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have the Boz Bros (short little GP looking exhaust) on my first gen. I like the sound when it's open roads, but when I go to school it's hell on my ears when going throughout the parking garages. The fit was a little weird, I couldn't utilize the mount under the rearset but it's not heavy...mine rubbed my plastic and has some paint on the pipe, did more damage to my lower than anything.

I'll try and go make a quick video of my dirty bike and post it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Here are some pics of the shorty, like I said, sounds good to me, but I don't have a place to really let it roar in the morning, and before the bike is warm, it kind of sounds like shit to be honest. Video isn't working, of course...

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is that a full system? and thats not muffled is it? and im actually looking at the new can they have its called the gild.. i seen the boz bro bikes.. there bikes look good.. but havent seen or heard many reviews on their quality of exhaust

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks man.. thats the can i been looking at since last night.. when i seen the price i figured i cant go wrong with it at all.. im really considering ordering it.. you think it will look good on my bike.. it seems to go with it well i believe

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yea mine is a full system and not muffled. The Gild looks decent as well, something about it kind of bugs me but I'm not sure what. But if you like it, go for it!

Will probably be getting rid of mine soon and going back to the stock header and slipon for now. Dropping ungodly amounts of money into my car for no reason. Like $395 b/c a foul ball shattered my back window.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea to me the gild looks like a stock exhaust with a fancy tip.. but it seems to go with my bike.. ill most likely cut it down.. i dont like the long cans too much.. heres my bike

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
..thanks man..and i was thinking of going slash cut.. i was just worried about back pressure.. do you notice any power differnce running your exhaust

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
thanks man.. thats the can i been looking at since last night.. when i seen the price i figured i cant go wrong with it at all.. im really considering ordering it.. you think it will look good on my bike.. it seems to go with it well i believe
I hadn't seen or heard one on a 1st gen 10 but a guy here in town has one on his gixxer and it sounds just as good as it looks.......everyone has their own opinions but i would stay away from the slash cut exhausts that looks like a simple exhaust tip..IE the HB growler....but for the above buy now prices, you can't beat it unless you want a full system? i mean the 10's stock headers are already titanium..just something to think about.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
think i might just order it.. i about to cruise on over on ebay.. and i have a pc3 and i dont really need a full exhaust.. im not pushing for outrageous hp #'s.. she's mainly an around town and highway bike.. no track time for her..and i like 2 minutes from philly so not hitting the twisties..lol..but i thi k im gonna go for the gild..ill post some pics when it comes in.. depending on how big it is it migh be getting cut down just a lil

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got a slash cut on mine and it really isnt noticeable as far as any power loss to me at least, but when you get up in the rpm's she def wakes up because of there bein no back pressure. but if you cant deal with the noise def stay away from it lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts