Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
09 ZX10R SE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I think it's pretty much stock besides swingarm spools and a RLS exhaust. The paperwork is done and the bike has been paid for, but I won't be able to get the bike for another 3 weeks or so (it's about 13 hours away at a dealership). I'm going crazy trying to wait patiently for this. lol. Went with a RPHA 11 Carbon Helmet as well. I haven't been on a bike in a long time, but Im excited, will take it slow and get my feel back for it. Also never owned a bike with 190~ HP and no assists/ABS, etc lmao. Im in my thirties with a wife and kids but you gotta get back on your horse at some point. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to learning everything about the Gen3 ZX10R. Always been a Kawasaki fan, used to race a pro circuit built KX250 (back when 2 strokes 250's were the main event lmao) and several other kawasakis as well. Kind of a family brand to us. Thanks for having me

·
Registered
147 Posts

I think it's pretty much stock besides swingarm spools and a RLS exhaust. The paperwork is done and the bike has been paid for, but I won't be able to get the bike for another 3 weeks or so (it's about 13 hours away at a dealership). I'm going crazy trying to wait patiently for this. lol. Went with a RPHA 11 Carbon Helmet as well. I haven't been on a bike in a long time, but Im excited, will take it slow and get my feel back for it. Also never owned a bike with 190~ HP and no assists/ABS, etc lmao. Im in my thirties with a wife and kids but you gotta get back on your horse at some point. Anyways just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to learning everything about the Gen3 ZX10R. Always been a Kawasaki fan, used to race a pro circuit built KX250 (back when 2 strokes 250's were the main event lmao) and several other kawasakis as well. Kind of a family brand to us. Thanks for having me
Awesome! Congrats.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,050 Posts
Welcome to the party!

Nice ride! Looks real familiar to my old one! Take it slow and ease back into it.

·
Registered
ZX10RR
230 Posts
Hi welcome and grats with the purchase! by the way, did you look into possibly changing that exhaust? that seems like it must be wayyyyy too loud

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and welcome back on a bike. The ZX10R is exceptional value for money new or used. Back on a bike after a while, its important on any bike to get that suspension set up before you start messing with exhausts and tuning etc, its a lot of power on a live back wheel and they were fickle on the set up to say the least. Brakes your first spend should be upgrading those brakes they will feel good and strong too you at first but it won't be long before your reaching there limits, of that stock brake set up. The 2 things that will get you into trouble on a big bike after time away is handling and brakes.

·
Registered
09 ZX10R SE
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the informative replies. So my plan was to drive up from Tennessee to South Dakota last weekend to pick deliver the check, sign paperwork, and pick the bike up. I wasn't crazy about the trip because of the weather coming through, so last minute I found someone (third party) that would deliver the bike for around $500. I thought, great, that is a good deal. So I overnighted the check up to the dealership but of course the check was delayed because of the weather (ended up getting there last Monday instead of the Friday it was suppose to arrive). But they DID receive the check so the bike is paid for.

The thing is the dealer had to have the check by Tusday (delivery pick up day), which they did receive, but they also had to have signed documents in their possession before they could release the bike, so we overshot our date for shipping pickup and I had to cancel shipping.

The dealer was suppose to overnight documents to me that I can sign and turn back but they took their time getting the docs sent out and yesterday I checked in with them to see if they could send me some tracking numbers on the documents and he replied back quickly saying that he would have them over to me today. Well 24 hours later still no email. I dont think anything suspect is going on I just think they're dragging their feet. It's a large, reputable dealership up there. So anyways waiting to sign these docs (why they don't have an e-sign, I dont know) and then I will overnight them back.

The good news the shipping guy said he'd be back in that area by early-mid March if I still needed the bike to be shipped down. But assuming I get those docs sent back up relatively soon I may just try to drive up there on a weekend and get the bike assuming the weather clears up. Kind of frustrating right now just wish she was in my garage nice and safe, especially since it's been paid for. Also Im active duty so if I were to make a trip up there it would have be planned and approved (outside of mile radius) so the shipping option still seems best despite being a few weeks out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts