Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my new adams straight link and when I lowered the bike back down on its tires the shock actually hit the ground and the back tire was off the ground... And by the way I have the vortex lowering links so I set it to its highest position witch if im not mistaken is only .5" lower than stock and it doesnt bottom out unless I sit on it so a little improvment but not enough clearance. I sold my stock links so I cant try them on and see if it will solve the problem but what im getting at is has anyone ever experienced this?? whats the proper (tie rods) that I would need obviously shorter ones to bring the bike back up, but I wanna make sure I get the right ones the first time because there all around $30 - $50....

P.S.
Its a gen 3 with a lowered shock.

Thanks for any advise...

·
Registered
862 Posts
I've been told that once I get my straight link built (similar to Adams) ill need to run hayabusa lowering links as they are shorter. I plan on getting the threades adjustable versions like I have now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been told that once I get my straight link built (similar to Adams) ill need to run hayabusa lowering links as they are shorter. I plan on getting the threades adjustable versions like I have now.
Can you please share some info on those? like a link to where I can check them out?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Search "hayabusa adjustable lowering links" on fleabay. They have the threaded ends on them as opposed to being a solid link w a few holes. There are a bunch of different companies making them. I recommend going for a version w a steel body as opposed to aluminum.

Sent from my MB865 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
862 Posts
You said you had the shock shortened. Did you have it revalved and resprung also? If so, who did you have do it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You said you had the shock shortened. Did you have it revalved and resprung also? If so, who did you have do it?

Yes had it shortened resprung and revalved for drag.

I had Trac Dynamics do it.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'm going to have mine resprung and revalved once I have time to machine the link. I was thinking Trac also but was told they didn't have much info for setting up the 10 shock for an Adams style link.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to have mine resprung and revalved once I have time to machine the link. I was thinking Trac also but was told they didn't have much info for setting up the 10 shock for an Adams style link.
ya I asked about that but they didnt say much, so I figured Ill just mess around with the rebound and dampening untill its good...

·
Registered
779 Posts
You have to use short links with flat links, yall should try traxxion dynamics for the revalves. I hate dealing with Trac there slow as hell, and your lucky to even get ole dude on the phone.

·
Pimp/Player
11,412 Posts
I have the straight link and I ran into the same problem. I the vortex, soupys, and stock busa link. The busa links set my bike way to low, so I took the vortex links to a machine shop and had them make me new ones that were shorter and with the three hole for more adjustment. Cost me $30

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the straight link and I ran into the same problem. I the vortex, soupys, and stock busa link. The busa links set my bike way to low, so I took the vortex links to a machine shop and had them make me new ones that were shorter and with the three hole for more adjustment. Cost me $30
Sounds good I just bought some stock 08 zx10 links off Ke2012.
So once they come in ill throw them on and see how it does..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts