Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering investing some cash on a good pair of riding boots for city and highway riding. Which boots do you all consider the best? Alpine Stars, Sidi, etc....which do you recommend? Some feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve, do Sidi run true size, like I wear a size 8 in reebok or nike basketball shoes, they seem kinda tight in the beginning, but after breaking them in, they fit like a glove. Do the Sidi or Alpine Stars run the same in size as basketball shoes? Or should I go a size smaller?

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
lcmhrad0210 said:
Steve, do Sidi run true size, like I wear a size 8 in reebok or nike basketball shoes, they seem kinda tight in the beginning, but after breaking them in, they fit like a glove. Do the Sidi or Alpine Stars run the same in size as basketball shoes? Or should I go a size smaller?
I went true metric on mine and they are just fine....find a place that has a few different sizes and try them on...

The great thing about these boots, is you can tighten them around your foot....feels much more secure on the bike, expecially when you have rear sets and spend time at the track....just more secure overall...

·
Registered
1,893 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I picked up a pair of Oxtar SS Performance boots the other day for $100 (retial is $148) and they are great for the price. Very very light and have great feel and grip. They are also very supportive. I was looking to get Teknics ( i love their gloves, just got the 2007 violator gloves) but couldnt pass up on the Oxtars. They seem to be very high quality as well.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Oxtar_SS_Performance_Boots--609580.html

·
Registered
152 Posts
i wear Sidi boots. they fit really well, true sizes. i didnt get to try any on, had to order mine in. the size was perfect. its different shifting when you first rself some time to get used to them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts