Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a graves exhaust and there is no protector behind the rear set.

I seem to have a bad habit of letting either my heel or upper boot touch while cornering.

Is there a fix to cover that are or something. While I can live with it I would prefer to not ruin my boots and make the pipe look like I'm cooking BBQ on it lol.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hello. Some pictures of your setup might help the users give you better advice.

I had a similar issue on my gen 1. I have an aftermarket Arrow full header system and Akra pipe. My link pipe was scratched and on top of that I was melting my boot at times when touching it.

No manufacturer makes a link pipe protection for an aftermarket Arrow racing exhaust system for an 18 years old bike.
I decided to give a chinese carbon cover a try due to a lack of other options and I was very pleseantly surprised by the quality. You can find these on aliexpress or ebay.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motorcycle

I paid 40€ for it and yes it is real carbon fiber. They do sell plastic and metal ones but you have to make sure you order the right one made out of carbon fiber and pay a bit extra. It looks great and it's priced right. No more boot marks on the link pipe for me. I have used this for over 6k miles and it has resisted very well to the heat. No wear at all inside or outside the carbon cover.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I can't remember where I saw it since I look at a lot of general sport bike stuff but I seem to recall once seeing a custom cover made for this specific situation.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found what czano was talking about. Not sure how they mount as I got busy when I got home as you can see by my dumbass forgetting to attach the pics of mine lol.

I'll try again when I get back home

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yea they can be found by searching "carbon exhaust heat protection". It's made with a shape that should fit most scenarios. It's installed with two pipe steel clamps which are provided in the kit. It's actually very easy to install and adjust.

Ideally I would have bought an european made or american made carbon cover and installed that instead but due to a lack of options from euro/usa manufacturers I had to go with this chinese product and the quality is fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts