Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a bolt-on akrapovic carbon fiber axhaust and was wondering if I should get my bike mapped for this exhaust. I will also most likely get bmc air filter.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I would get a PC3 with or without a slip on. The throttle response is 100% better. Hey that reminds me, I need to get a PC3.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Re: PCB3

zx10ragentorange said:
How easy is it to use a pcb3 and do it yourself?
To download a map is very easy especially if you have a laptop. Since I don't, I run a long wire through a window to the PC. The disc that it comes with has all the instructions on installing maps and has wide range of maps to choose from like Muzzy full system, muzzy slip on. Yosh slip on etc.
I have heard that it's a bitch to install on the 10 compared to other bikes. Including removal of airbox. [smilie=B: The one I installed on my G750 took all of 2 minutes.

·
LE Post Whore
6,275 Posts
Just FYI, Akrapovic does not make a bolt on for the ZX-10R. It is a slip on, but they have it listed as a bolt on in the catalog.

later...Ara-mri

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

It's a slip on with removable baffles :)

In the UK this means it has the British Standard 'kite mark' for noise level AND you can remove the baffle - finally manufacturers are realising what we want :):)

·
Registered
314 Posts
greenninja said:
Hi,

It's a slip on with removable baffles :)

In the UK this means it has the British Standard 'kite mark' for noise level AND you can remove the baffle - finally manufacturers are realising what we want :):)
Hi Greeen Ninja - do you have one of these and if so are you happy with it - does it still make more / better noise with the baffles in ? I am looking for something louder than stock but a few decibels lower than a sonic boom.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't have one myself just yet but my wife has an SV650 with a Blueflame slip on.
This does the same thing. It's a twin so sounds different but it is quite a difference once the baffles are taken out.
I imagine the ten will sound pretty good.

I had a ZX7R with sport production Akro which sounded great and not too loud really.
The loadest I ever had was an ART end can on a CBR600.
Gave me headaches!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Now i do have one.

Picked the bike up last Saturday with it's Akro slip on.
Looks reat and sounds good.

Keeeping it under 6k revs doesn't sound it's best but it promises to sound great when let loose after running in.

The pipe is legal and has removable baffles so should sound even better soon.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Re: PCB3

Andy said:
I have heard that it's a bitch to install on the 10 compared to other bikes. Including removal of airbox. [smilie=B: The one I installed on my G750 took all of 2 minutes.[/quote]

Not too bad. Put a table or something next to the bike so you don't have to disconnect the fuel hose (since there's no fuel shutoff valve, this saves you from draining the tank). The airbox is annoying but once you figure it out it's easy - it's wedged in very tight inside the frame. You rotate it clockwise 90 degrees and it comes out. The connectors are the hardest thing - those little plastic biatches are a PAIN to disconnect. Oh, and it saves trunk space to place the PC next to the actuator for the butterfly valve instead - just wrap it in something soft so that it doesn't bounce around.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Good info Kricket, but you can go ahead and disconnect the fuel line. She won't spill gas out of the tank. Either the pump won't let fuel by when not running or the disconnect closes off the line when you remove it, but either way the gas stays in the tank. Just don't try to take the tank off when full, PITA. Made that mistake a few times on the ZX7R :( Much easier to lift a 5lb tank than a 50lb tank [smilie=b:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts