Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My business failed and I had to close it down last Friday.....lost $250K...we tried to run an honest business in a dishonest business environment doing loan mods...

And of course, nobody wants to hire someone who ran his own business...

I interviewed with several companies and they're all horrible....requiring you to work 55 hours a week, including every Saturday...etc., poor working conditions, etc...

They say they want to hire you and then you never hear from them again...

These two brothers said they wanted to hire me and I left them 5 messages and they never got back to me...one brother said his other brother wants to talk to me...when I called the other brother he was clueless.

So I went to work with a guy that had one desk open....it's 1099 and commission only....so you work and only get paid if you close a loan mod deal.

Now that I've been here 3 days, these people lie to everyone on the phone. Tell them they've been approved (bullshit), they they will get a 2% loan fixed for 30 years (complete bullshit) and on and on...

Their telling people with debt ratio's of 28% they qualify and the damn guidelines are a minimum of 38% DTI to qualify....all these people are going to get denied....

They don't know the guidelines and don't care...when I mentioned some guidelines, they get VERY defensive....

So being 66 years old, totally broke and only getting $1,300 in Social Security income.....I'm screwed...

But I can tell you, with what I"ve seen, our country is completely doomed...

The business of business is swindling people...

Rant over....maybe my next life will be better....

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
My buddy and I talk about this all the time... trying to be honest in business.

It does NOT WORK!!!!!

You are not on a level playing field. It's what you can get away with; sadly.

Perhaps a career change is in order. I know your 66 but who gives a "truck".

Take the same drive that got you this far and apply it somewhere else...

Hang in there bro!

Boiler room; awesome movie!

·
Registered
634 Posts
:iamwithst
Hang in there mate!

Even insurance companies lie over here.
I found this out when getting insurance for my 10!

Very poor!

Rob

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
I used to work for a mortgage company back when the housing market was booming. I was their IT guy. There were some loan officers there that will do almost anything to close the loan and make money from the commission. This part of the reason why this country is in the state it's in now. People lie and will approve anyone. Even a stated income was sufficient! :headshake There are some honest loan officers out there though but far and few.

If you think that it's not morally right to work with these kind of people. I would try to look for another place. It's just not something I'd look forward to waking up in the morning knowing the people you work with are screwing people over for their honest pay or money. GL either way...

·
Chairman of the Board
16,036 Posts
Dont give in to the BS OG. Sometimes the only pay off in doing the right thing is knowing you did the right thing and in the end you can walk out of any situation with your head up. Hang in there Bro and just keep doing the next right thing.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wish someone in Orange county could get me an honest job with a real company that doesn't fawk people...

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got this e-mail:

Hey Steve,
It’s not working out man I will talk to you on Tuesday!!!! Come to my office as soon as you come in on Monday!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Early in my career I worked for a company in Anaheim Hills that had a boiler room style phone sales department. They were selling websites left and right... 30+ tweaked out phone sales people just hammering away promising the world to these unsuspecting victims.

Honest business does exist... you just have to stay true to your beliefs and the rewards will follow.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sorry to read about what's going on. Hope things turn around fast. For those people, it's a numbers game. Also people that have good credit and don't have a problem getting a loan, will simply go to a bank or credit union. I don't see them getting a loan from a call.

So now the person that processes the paperwork has 500 bad applications. Instead of denying all 500, they'll accept the 10% that aren't so bad. The guys on the phones know that and basically don't care since there's a chance one of their apps get approved.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry to red about what's going on. Hope things turn around fast. For those people, it's a numbers game. Also people that have good credit and don't have a problem getting a loan, will simply go to a bank or credit union. I don't see them getting a loan from a call.

So now the person that processes the paperwork has 500 bad applications. Instead of denying all 500, they'll accept the 10% that aren't so bad. The guys on the phones know that and basically don't care since there's a chance one of their apps get approved.
They aren't doing loans but loan modifications and they're lying to people about being approved...people are paying them $3,000 to $3,5000 for a lie...saying they are approved and they aren't....and if their debt ratio is 28% - 37% they will get denied. They are telling people the banks are required to do a mod and that's completely false....it is voluntary by the banks...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts