Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was hoping somebody could tell me wat might be the wrong with my 05 zx10. when you start the bike it idles rough, spit and sputers but when you get on the gas around 3k and up it runs fine *kinda like it wants to clear itself up*. i took the two plugs out in the middle and they look good, didnt look at the two on the outside. also disconect the battery and connectors to the injectors and plug them back in and still no change. any help anybody can share will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody ? forgot to mention the plugs have around 7k on them but the two in the middle look good so i figure the other two should look good also.

·
Banned
1,516 Posts
your bike is being Jake Shields lol..........On a serious note check your tune, also check for vacuum leaks, your tb's could be out of adjustment

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your bike is being Jake Shields lol..........On a serious note check your tune, also check for vacuum leaks, your tb's could be out of adjustment
:lol: but seriously ive checked all vacum lines to the TB's and there good. havent checked the adjustment tho but dont think there out of wack bc it just started happen a couple of days ago and dont see them going bad that soon.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i found my problem. no#1 cylinder isnt firing like the rest of the three. im guessing its either a foul plug or bad coil stick. wat you guys think ?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
well i found my problem. no#1 cylinder isnt firing like the rest of the three. im guessing its either a foul plug or bad coil stick. wat you guys think ?
Change the plug and see if that solves it. If not, take that coil stick and switch it with one that you know is working. If the problem follows to that cylinder chances are its a coil stick.

·
Late Apex
803 Posts
:lol: but seriously ive checked all vacum lines to the TB's and there good. havent checked the adjustment tho but dont think there out of wack bc it just started happen a couple of days ago and dont see them going bad that soon.
Man its almost always something simple ...Mine was idling rough ..Not the 2nd gen lope ..After that ..it was missing n shit ... I had the throttle bodies adjusted and she purrs now that shes warm..

I paid for my synch but ordered a motion pro tuner so next time i can do it myself .. I mostly did it cause i piggybacked the job to a valve clearance check.. I dont adjust valves yet.. this winter i will try it out .:badteeth:

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if not check your valve retainers
i dont think its that serious. no funny noises comin from the engine and it ran good last time i rode it and when i went to start it and go for a ride i noticed the problem its having. ima do wat texasrider suggest bc im sure thats wat it is.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update. found my problem. it was a wire that came a loose from the gray connector located on the left side of the throttle bodies. fix the wire back in its place, started her up and she's back runnin strong again.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
update. found my problem. it was a wire that came a loose from the gray connector located on the left side of the throttle bodies. fix the wire back in its place, started her up and she's back runnin strong again.
:thumbsup: SWEET! Glad ya got her runnin strong again!!!!! Isnt that the low speed sensor or something like that? How did ya realize it was that wire? Just go thru and start pushing connectors back together??

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:thumbsup: SWEET! Glad ya got her runnin strong again!!!!! How did ya realize it was that wire? Just go thru and start pushing connectors back together??
yep me to i miss riding my baby :mrgreen: i was looking over everything while i had the tank and airbox off and see the wire loose and seen where it came out from, put it back in and she's good to go :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
yep me to i miss riding my baby :mrgreen: i was looking over everything while i had the tank and airbox off and see the wire loose and seen where it came out from, put it back in and she's good to go :eek:ccasion1
Very cool!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
The big Gray Connector?.....do you know what that connector does?....I may help to identify what that wire effects for others if you get a chance. I have a pic I can post around the throttle bodies if you like.

bloo

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The big Gray Connector?.....do you know what that connector does?....I may help to identify what that wire effects for others if you get a chance. I have a pic I can post around the throttle bodies if you like.

bloo
yes blue its the gray connector located on the top left side of the throttle bodies right by the no#1 stick coil. that connector controls the firing on all 4 cylinders. the problem i was having was no#1 cylinder wasnt firing like the rest of the 3 was, fixed that wire back and wolla she was back runnin good again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
hate to revive an old thread, but any pics of this, i am having the same problem, i check the resistance on the TPS and it was within spec, i checked the voltage and that was within spec, i pulled the 2 sticks in the middle and they looked to be firing, i could not tho on the other hand get the outside coils off, not sure how, this is my firsty kawi, any suggestions, i have pc3 dyno tuned took it off and it still ran like shit, partial throttle it breaks up but then you floor it and it runs like a raped ape...any suggestions ideas thanks guys.

Ben Y

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hate to revive an old thread, but any pics of this, i am having the same problem, i check the resistance on the TPS and it was within spec, i checked the voltage and that was within spec, i pulled the 2 sticks in the middle and they looked to be firing, i could not tho on the other hand get the outside coils off, not sure how, this is my firsty kawi, any suggestions, i have pc3 dyno tuned took it off and it still ran like shit, partial throttle it breaks up but then you floor it and it runs like a raped ape...any suggestions ideas thanks guys.

Ben Y
i found my problem. it ended up being a wire that came out of the wireing harness that goes to the coil sticks no#1 cyclinder wasnt firing like the rest were. fixed that back like it supposed to and change all four plugs and wolla my baby was back to runnin like a beast again :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts