Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I went to race my bike yesterday for the first time since I stretched it .
Iv never raced a stretched bike before . My first launch was at 6500
and the bike bogged down hard almost like I was in 2nd but I was in 1st.
So I tried 7000, 7500, 8000 and the same thing every run . My bike is a 06
dyno tuned with full brocks exhaust K&N, gears and i'm running a shinko
hook up . Can anyone help me out or tell me what the hell i'm doing wrong ?
Not sure what more I can tell you guys about the runs if i'm leaving out any info you need let me know .

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
T.R.E? or maybe you wil have to drag the clutch a little?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
give an 8k lauch a shot and once the bike starts moving and all, get her to WOT and ride the clutch out quickly.

BTW, drag pak works well. I have it in mine. Oddest thing, clutch feedback feels vague, but really really smooth and easy to use and modulate. (might just be me though)

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Im stretched about 12/13 inches . My gearing is 16 front 43 rear .
with that wb you need to leave higher than you have these bikes dont like to be launch at lower rpms. i would start at 8k and work my way up from there and try sliping that clutch while going wot off the line.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
get suzuki valve springs, you can try putting 3 in there and leave 3 stockers and see how you like it, if you want more pressure, put all 6 in there.
i would not recommend 6 valve springs. that would be a ton of pressure

i am 220 in leathers and on spray and i use 4 valve springs.

when you call and order your clutch dwayne can point you in the right direction as far as spring pressure

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys for all your help . I guess I have a lot lean about racing bikes its not as easy as it looks .

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Thanks guys for all your help . I guess I have a lot lean about racing bikes its not as easy as it looks .
thats wat makes it interesting :wink: stay on that seat and you be going fast in no time. me and several others on here will help ya so if you have any questions feel free to post up.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
You need to Leave the line at your peak torque. Which is usually between 8-9k if your bike is bogging down like you say. Either your not wide open throttle fast enough or your lettin the clutch out to quick. Just keep practicing man you'll get there.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
exactly what I was planning to post till reading it...

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts