Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 04 zx10 track bike , It has Sharkskinz on it already .
It is missing 3 Fasteners on the tail section , I did buy the kits the company sells for there body work but assumed too much and found out the bolt on the rear of the tank / tail section was a d-ring duza fastener but the one I did have and didnt look at is a d-ring but is a threaded bolt , Cant find who makes these , Can anyone help... Its like a 1/4-20 but the head is gold with a d-ring .
I can get pics if it will help.. Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I must have the ONLY threaded D-ring bolt in the world because Ive searched every bolt company on the web and the closest I came to was for a camera mount bolt for tri-pod :dontknow:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Is that the only bolt on the bike that's like that? there's a place here in town that sells full dzus fastner kits for VERY cheap if you'd just like to replace the full kit...if not then why not just use a bolt instead of the D ring in the tail?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its meant to be a quick release ( no tool needed ) to remove the tail but yes since I cant find a replacement, I will just use two bolts , Just like the duza look of it and thought someone would know where I could find one ..
Thanks TMY10ER

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
maybe a dumb question but have you checked at lowes or home depot in the specialty section of hardware? or is there a way to change out the threaded part that's on the bike to where you could switch it out for a regular dzus style fastner? i know how little things like that can be nerve racking!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I searched the web for every type of bolt made and couldnt find it , I`ll just put a hex head bolt into it and it will be fine , Not like I`ll be racing it .. I will get a pic of it when I get out in the garage ...
Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts