Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think about that new bmw s1000r and hp of 188? my buddy traded in his 07 zx10r on his top of the line bmw already! I will unleash my kawi fury upon him first good chance I get. I'm sure he'll come on back home to the kawi famliy with his tail tucked.. :crackup:

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
What do you guys think about that new bmw s1000r and hp of 188? my buddy traded in his 07 zx10r on his top of the line bmw already! I will unleash my kawi fury upon him first good chance I get. I'm sure he'll come on back home to the kawi famliy with his tail tucked.. :crackup:
When your dealing with 1ks no matter what It usually always is the RIDER depending on the type of race...the best rider usually wins. :wink:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
When your dealing with 1ks no matter what It usually always is the RIDER depending on the type of race...the best rider usually wins. :wink:
expect when you play the weight of each rider in the race...hahahai typically have anywhere of 50lbs to 100lbs on everyone!

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
expect when you play the weight of each rider in the race...hahahai typically have anywhere of 50lbs to 100lbs on everyone!

If your talking about me...yeah I am always at a weight disadvantage, old age, out of shape and more the reason I feel better when taking the young ones down on higher HP bikes...they can't buy experience. :wink:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts

If your talking about me...yeah I am always at a weight disadvantage, old age, out of shape and more the reason I feel better when taking the young ones down on higher HP bikes...they can't buy experience. :wink:
hahaha i feel your pain but also it brings me great joy when i can bring down the others!

·
Registered
451 Posts
http://blogs.sportrider.com/6579154.../new-2010-bmw-s-1000-rr-first-ride/index.html

The Sport mode bumps the power back up to its full 193 claimed crankshaft horsepower (probably about 180 at the rear wheel, and believe us when we say that power felt close to that mark; we'd been riding a modified Japanese literbike with 165 rear wheel horsepower before the trip, and the Beemer was MUCH faster), with less intervention from both TC and ABS systems.

Bike's gonna be fast.

But then, so what, it just becomes a dick wagging contest. And the BMW has been dubbed the winking pirate.

The DTC and ABS and actually functional power modes look cool though. 46mm fronk forks are MV huge.

·
Banned
307 Posts
Im counting the days 60-75 when my bmw comes in ...must of hit it right to wait for the right time to get a new bike ...hoping the # is under 500 off the line for usa..wishing i bought the abs abd dtc but only getting the motorsport paint and gear shift assist..total $17,277 in ca. The plain jane is $14,500 in oregon otd. I sold my h-2 and the katana and rz-350 might go too

·
Registered
777 Posts
The bike is not the variable in this equation. Unless you've got a factory ride, there's no reason to be a fanboy to the "kawi family."

·
Banned
307 Posts
Hey ...rabbit... This it talk frow a guy who dont even change his oil ..... Iv restored kawasakis for years and just sold the first 750 ever made so watch your low life talk about kawasaki fans

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hey ...rabbit... This it talk frow a guy who dont even change his oil ..... Iv restored kawasakis for years and just sold the first 750 ever made so watch your low life talk about kawasaki fans
:dontknow: What are you trying to say? You've got a beemer on order, so you're obviously not biased toward a particular brand. I just can't stand hearing "it's not a yamahondazuki, so it must suck and my bike will kick its ass."

·
Registered
279 Posts
Don't care how well it performs, it's FUGLY

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I don't car how ugly it is as long as it performs!

and all I know is it was only 7mph slower then Ben S WSBK bike!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

at Portimao.....

I'll wait to read a real road test. I was very excited about the motorcycle-usa review, but looks like beemer tied their hands at getting a good test, by only providing the bike at their event, with no dyno. When they get one here in the US, on a dyno back to back with the competition, I'll believe. However, dancing around the head to head comparison makes me think it's nothing all too special. I don't doubt it's good, but I don't think it's a game changer.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts

I do care how ugly it is....yet I still want it. :mrgreen:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I do care how ugly it is....yet I still want it. :mrgreen:
I like it! but then again I own too of the ugliest bike out a 09zx10 and 08 buell 1125R and I have never cared how a bike looks I don't ride for fashion! and all anyone sees of my bike is the tail! so as long as that looks good who cares! :crackup:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Our 10Rs are supposed to have 191hp at the crank!! I guess I'll see.:helmet:

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
That bike has really grown on me and i think its gonna be somethin special for sure. I would love to be able to get another bike right now and that would be it, and would be only my 2nd non kawi. Guess i'm a "fanboy" too or i just love bad ass fast bikes :wink:

·
Banned
307 Posts
ALPHARACING.COM is claiming 183 hp at the rear whell ...they sell all the goodies for the bike to power it up to 220 hp nice stuff they got there ..so 193 hp at the crank is true .....sure kawasaki 2011 big bang will match power ....well see then but now bmw is on top of the world

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
BMW can build motors this much is true!
but can they build a true superbike? Motor, handling the whole 9 yards? I hope so! it would be great to see something new come out of the gate and upset the industry with big changes! like the R1 did 10 years ago

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
ALPHARACING.COM is claiming 183 hp at the rear whell ...they sell all the goodies for the bike to power it up to 220 hp nice stuff they got there ..so 193 hp at the crank is true .....sure kawasaki 2011 big bang will match power ....well see then but now bmw is on top of the world
And I claim my mostly stock 04 zx10 makes 220 at the rear wheel...and I can make it happen with the right compensation.

If they're on top of the world...why not openly test against the others?

1 - 20 of 234 Posts