Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
If I learned anything from MCN's R1 review it's this: always fully and blindly trust MCN's review and surely rush out and by the bike asap.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
That fuggin bike rules right now and for a while....damn wish I could afford one....I'll sell my Kawi....
Yeah...they said it does 183mph....WOW...I don't think any bike ever did that from the show room floor. :lol:....

J/m...sounds promising but not LEAPS and Bounds as far as Speed is concerned. :wink:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
that beemer seems to impress everyone. i will never like the way it looks but the performance seems to be awesome. Did that guy at the end seem a little retarded to anyone else?

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
tell me why the only time the music wasn't playin' was at the very end when he said the picked the bmw?:shady: they were talking in different parts throughout the video and you couldn't hear it.

i'm still interested in the bmw but this video does nothing for me but raise speculation

·
Registered
23,742 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that beemer seems to impress everyone. i will never like the way it looks but the performance seems to be awesome. Did that guy at the end seem a little retarded to anyone else?
That dude seems pretty retarded to me, but lucky enough to have so many different toys to play with. Lucky retarded bastard:lol:

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
That dude seems pretty retarded to me, but lucky enough to have so many different toys to play with. Lucky retarded bastard:lol:
:crackup::crackup:

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
WTF..that 3rd dude i think it was said..BMW because..then he says a couple things and says you can do wheelies...??...wtf?..every freaking bike can do a wheelie..what the hell does that have to do with anything?..lol that was biased..

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
On a bike with traction/stability control, the ability to do a wheelie or any other stunt is NOT a given ... It is possible for the rider to turn off the traction control on the BMW to be able to do stunts. If you leave the traction control on, it will shut down the party, hence the ability to turn it off.

side note; CBR1000 ABS doesn't have traction control and won't stop you from doing a wheelie, but you can't turn the ABS off while riding so it won't let you slide around ...

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
FACT! GEN III ZX10 FASTEST production bike to 180MPH
FACT! GEN III ZX10 rated #1 two years in a row Sportrider
FACT! GEN III ZX10 Fastest production bike to 100MPH

BULLSHIT! 2010 BMW 1000RR

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
I love at the end when they said all the numbers from their tests. Oh oh wait they did not........

and I call BIG BS on low end torque on the R1

I'm sure the BM is impressive but please, give me some data to compare...

·
Registered
190 Posts
mcn has the article of the test out in there mag.

results on same dyno same day all liter bikes were as follows

183.1 bmw
170.97 zx10
163.26 cbr
161 gsxr
157.75 yamaha r1

quarter mile times were tested but bmw was done in the rain as weather turned sour. bmw still went over 4mph faster in trap speed then any others at 149.5 but the et,s on the bikes were lame due to weather. needless to say there all great bikes but bmw did there homework wich will make all the new bikes next year even better now for the japs. 25 more hp then a r1 yikes.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'll keep my zx baby!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts