Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys heres the deal, was going to order a new air filter for my 08 ZX 10 but was told to choose of the two "race or street strip version". Can someone with some imput on both of the filters chime in and give a hand on the difference if there is any.....:thumbsup:

·
T Double D
870 Posts
id go with the street the guys and gals that run the race complain that its too thin and doesnt stop a lot of stuff

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the OEM filter somehow ruined already that it needs to be replaced??

BD
No, not yet but since I recently installed the Bazzaz and have yet to weld the bung for the auto tune, I was told by Bazzaz that their slip on map for the EFI was tuned with a BMC filter. Just want to make sure I get the right one especially since I both race and casual ride my bike.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
No, not yet but since I recently installed the Bazzaz and have yet to weld the bung for the auto tune, I was told by Bazzaz that their slip on map for the EFI was tuned with a BMC filter. Just want to make sure I get the right one especially since I both race and casual ride my bike.
then the auto tune will adjust for whatever filter is currently being used, including the OEM filter. Its been proven countless times VS aftermarket filters that the OEM filters in these bikes are quite good and that the biggest plus to BMC, K&N or brand xzy is they can be cleaned and used again & again.

BD

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
then the auto tune will adjust for whatever filter is currently being used, including the OEM filter. Its been proven countless times VS aftermarket filters that the OEM filters in these bikes are quite good and that the biggest plus to BMC, K&N or brand xzy is they can be cleaned and used again & again.

BD
Thanks guys for the info, I think that I will stick with the street strip version for longevity and care especially since the race version is pretty thin and may require more maint, being safe is always better than sorry.....

Frank :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts