Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order the BMC air filter BUT.......should i order the regular one or the race filter?
all i am running is a 2 Brothers Vale slip-on system and Power Commander.

any advice before i buy it from one of our site sponsors?
which BMC filter?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Get the race for sure. You wont have problems unless you live or ride on dirt roads. The oil on the filters catch all the dust.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I'm with OG on this one. The race filter isn't going to make a bit of difference in the power department so why chance it....

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
If you want more power and don't mind cleaning it more then get the BMC race.
The standard is the way to go if you don't like cleaning it.
Pipercross race is supposed to be better in that department you can slack more on the cleaning intervals. but I think it's more.

another consideration you'll need to get a custom if add a race filter....

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I'd say get a race. I have one and had no problems. Whatever lil particles "might" get in there will most likely be burned up by our beasts.. Up to you... u'll get a pony to two more out of the more breathable race..

We all have different opinions for different reasons. We all know this. But which ever BMC you decide to get you won't be disappointed.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
if youre going to drop the money why not go all out and spend the extra $15 or so on the race. thats what i did. or just buy the stock, its pretty good too, better than k&n.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
if youre going to drop the money why not go all out and spend the extra $15 or so on the race. thats what i did. or just buy the stock, its pretty good too, better than k&n.
:iamwithst

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
If you're worried about a lot of dust and dirt as you live in that type of area I'd go with the street. You're benefits from going street will overweigh the benefits of going with the race and having to do possibly more maintenance.

If you live city go with the race one.

Only difference between stock filter and street from what I hear is being able to clean the BMC one...after weighing out the options I decided to stick with the stock filter for now.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I did a Full Akra and PC3 install on my 05 yesterday and the Race Filter was pretty damn clean. I had it on for about 1,000 miles. Most where city but a good amount were from back roads. I honestly feel ( just my opinion ) that you don't have anything to worry about. These beast will burn what ever small particals that "might" get past the filter. But if your that worried then I agree with Mezzo just use a oem one b/c paying more for a Street BMC filter which is really nothing over stock is not really worth it...

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I believe BMC recommends a remap with the race filter.
I showed a slight increase in power on the dyno with this filter.

If you are in a dusty area I'd run the street. If not, I'd go race filter and map.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Correct Gang. BMC claims a 3-4HP gain. Most people who dyno'd the Race seen a 2-3HP gain. That's awesome! That's pretty much like the cheapest HP to Dollar ratio mod on a bike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts