Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got my bmc air filter from todd a while ago and still havent installed it. got it for a great price (thanks todd), but the reason why im lazy to put it on cuz i gotta take off my damper and put it back on. i wonder how the bike will ride with the filter upgrade?

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
When I first put mine in I noticed a difference. But then, my stock filter was filthy so I was probably losing pwr due to it being so dirty.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
koo thanks

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Do you have a slip on Harry? They're supposed to have gains with an aftermarket exhaust. The oppisite with the stock exhaust.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will be getting one soon not sure which one to go with yet. then lucky the damper is on cuz im too lazy to change it

·
Banned
856 Posts
i gained a little with my bmc. b4 id only go 142 or three in the quater now im hitting 144 or 145 on a regular basis.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
The local tuner toldme it was good for at least 1hp throughout the entire range, and maybe more, but at least 1.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
that is such a debated topic but as ivan says...i have seen a lot of new bikes that don't benefit from a high flow air filter unless there is a lot of work done to the bike...

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
MAVRIK said:
10 bucks for a new stock filter or 70 buck for a aftermarket.....takes a long time to burn through 7 filters...
Yes, it does. The local tuner I talked to races kawasakis and he said the stock paper filter sucks, but the older foam filters kawasakis used 98-02 were great. He knows I wasn't going to buy it from him, but he told me what he had seen in before and after dyno runs. Again, 1hp could have come from anywhere. I dont think I'm going to get one until I replace the stock filter.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
10 bucks plus a trip to the dealer, wait in line at the parts desk behind a bunch of dumb asses asking stupid questions about clear frame sliders with colored LEDs in them. Aaauuurrggggg! It's a sanity thing for me. Stupid people suck.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts