Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys i got bmc air filter for my 04 can anyone tell me if i can use k&n cleaning kit and oil for this filter or i need to get the bmc one to do this. ty

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
That's all I ever used on my 04 10R with a BMC ...the K&N oil because that's what I use to run with my 9R ....does it hurt it I doubt it my bike ran very good dyno #s for stock with just a slip-on and runs very good 1/4 mile times for my weight.....I think you will be A O K

bloo

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I was in the exact same dilemma a while back... having made a switch from KnN to BMC. I had leftover KnN cleaner kit that I used for my BMC and voila... perfect cleaning and oiling. I guess it had to do with BOTH being the cotton gauze style medium. Neither are paper (like OEM) and neither are foam (like PiperCross).

My 10R has approx 12K mi following the cleaning and runs just like before (with the original pre-oiled BMC when in new condition).

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I was in the exact same dilemma a while back... having made a switch from KnN to BMC. I had leftover KnN cleaner kit that I used for my BMC and voila... perfect cleaning and oiling. I guess it had to do with BOTH being the cotton gauze style medium. Neither are paper (like OEM) and neither are foam (like PiperCross).

My 10R has approx 12K mi following the cleaning and runs just like before (with the original pre-oiled BMC when in new condition).
Same here. I have plenty of the K&N cleaner and oil so I just
use it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts