Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like a great concept... but do they actually work? Can people hear you? Can you hear them?

Any honorable mentions of helmets?

·
Registered
191 Posts
ive been interested in the chatter box, which is a bluetooth peice that hooks into any helmet..but would be interested on how well they work as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used the Chatterbox XBI on a couple of trips I also used the adapter to use headphones the soft ones instead of the speakers. The first trip the bluetouth worked great on both the phone and music on the second trip I had trouble with the phone never managed to get the mic to work. I could hear everything but nobody could hear me. Goiong to get a new adapter and maybe mic. My IPhone links to the bluetouth making for a phone and a ipod in one when it works it is great. Trav

·
Registered
140 Posts
That scala thing actually works decently. My friend has one and sometimes I call her and shes on her bike. Sounds a tad noisy but you can actually carry on a conversation if you had to.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't like the 4hr limit on that. for me to get to any twisties it takes at least 4 hours to get there. another charger to keep track of...

I've got my chatterbox powered by my bike in the tank bag with my mp3 player attached to it. can and has gone for 8+ hours before the mp3 needed to be charged (it's just a usb cable to charge it).

also I'm terrible about remembering to charge stuff so adding another item that needs charging wouldn't work that well for me.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Yeah I have the Chatterbox XBI unit my girl got for me for my birthday and I have to say they work great i didn't think it would work so great but it does work you got to sometimes talk a little loud but its not bad, and shes used hers also to answer her phone while on the bike LOL and had no problems with it... you do get some buzzing sounds in them around alot of big power lines and whatnot but nothing bad, Im so glad she got them cause now when she goes riding with me we can talk and she points out the stupid things LOL that we tend to see out and about.. very good investment if ya ride two up....

·
Registered
119 Posts
I feel that when I'm riding, it's my time. I don't want to be contacted nor do I want to be distracted while enjoying the ride. The last thing I want is my wife or mom or boss calling me and ruining my ride. Sure it would be nice to communicate to another rider but what for? If it's that important, do the 2way chatterbox thing minus the cell phone option.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Appreciate your 2cents, but if I want to enjoy my bike more often, I need to multitask. Otherwise, its no bike.

·
Registered
364 Posts
My wife and I use the scala rider q2 and they are fantastic...............we can talk to each other just like normal, and since the wife is on her own bike, and not a pillion its great, very useful at juctions where only one of us can see down the road. I use my to phone home if I'm late leaving work as well, oh and listen to music all the time!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts