Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, I finally got back from my TDY and had a chance to install this battery. Intalation is not strait foreward, so you have to get a little crafty. I am fairly happy with the way it turned out, not quite as clean of a install as I had hoped but it works.

The battery is very small and compact, it fits in the tray either laying down or standing up. I used some high density foam to secure it in there and the factory rubber strap. The poisitive lead ties into the stock distribution block, removing the factory positive battery lead. The ground is rerouted and ties into the factory ground cable in front of the battery tray relocated by the reservoir. I also had to extend my PCIII ground cable.
As for function so far it works great, fired my bike right up after it had been setting unstarted for over a month. And my old battery must have been craping out for some time, the fuel pump sounds totally different and the bike cranks up very fast compared to before. Here are a couple of shots, not to stunning, but after all its just a battery.

·
FEELING LUCKY, PUNK ?
5,739 Posts
what are you saying? the install looks really clean.
It's still quickly removable if you need to :)

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Nice looking install...How much did this set you back? My 05 may be needing a new battery in the near future.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
U forgot to tell em it weighs 11 oz. and saves 4 lbs now the cat is out of the bag.
I figured most guys had already saw all the threads on the masive weight savings this little booger brings.

I think I paid right at 200 shipped for it, they even upgraded me to the QR model for free.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
awesome thx a lot, reputation sent

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
NIce!!..I like that it has a quick disconnect type cable too!..and 4lbs gone?.....damn you man!!LOL>>>>>>NOW I GOTTA HAVE ONE!!!!....LOL

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Motowheels showroom is right around the corner for me. I checked out the speedcell and they quoted me 240 after a discount, looks like you got a steal! They are a very cool piece of kit for the $$$ imo and the feedback seems to be very positive. Gonna def have to get one

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Good stuff. I was just looking at a DIY for something like this. :cool:

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I figured most guys had already saw all the threads on the masive weight savings this little booger brings.

I think I paid right at 200 shipped for it, they even upgraded me to the QR model for free.
Cool Thanks. Yeah I had already seen the other threads about the weight savings. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Motowheels showroom is right around the corner for me. I checked out the speedcell and they quoted me 240 after a discount, looks like you got a steal! They are a very cool piece of kit for the $$$ imo and the feedback seems to be very positive. Gonna def have to get one
:+1: I've been to Motowheels few times I think they're pricey.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is a quick Youtube vid to show that the bike starts just as you would expect, no slow starting or anything like that. Watch that vid and then check out the other video of my 04 with the (admitedly old) Yuassa.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Damn, that sombish started right up

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Very Nice.....BUT.....the question is going to be .... How long will it last?
I run my bike almost everyday, it doesn't start as fast as the video but it starts :wink: and I am still running the Stock Battery over 5yrs later with well over 20k miles.....so @ $200 bucks it better last forever but if you have to replace it on a regular basis I would suggest finding somewhere else to get rid of 4lbs...like the gym...hahaha...:helmet:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very Nice.....BUT.....the question is going to be .... How long will it last?
I run my bike almost everyday, it doesn't start as fast as the video but it starts :wink: and I am still running the Stock Battery over 5yrs later with well over 20k miles.....so @ $200 bucks it better last forever but if you have to replace it on a regular basis I would suggest finding somewhere else to get rid of 4lbs...like the gym...hahaha...:helmet:
I have the same concerns, believe me. But if I were to go to the local dealer and pick up a replacement Yuassa, I am probably gonna get taken for 100-125$ so it was worth the 75$ or so extra just for the weight. I will let you guys know how it holds up. I needed a new battery anyway, my original finnaly gave out, it would only hold a charge enough to start the bike for a day, so it was time.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Nick I am watching you it seems you did not have the courage to leave me alone or the site like you threatened....this was not :popcorn: time just 2 zx10r guys talking about a battery. This is your last chance.:wink: but won't put up with it anymore. :headshake

I have the same concerns, believe me. But if I were to go to the local dealer and pick up a replacement Yuassa, I am probably gonna get taken for 100-125$ so it was worth the 75$ or so extra just for the weight. I will let you guys know how it holds up. I needed a new battery anyway, my original finnaly gave out, it would only hold a charge enough to start the bike for a day, so it was time.
Agree,......was mainly pointing out the choices of time and cost for members reading this but have to say that was an awesome mod like you always do not considering the other stuff. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts