Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Heres a thread from when I did mine. A few post down you'll see a url to a nice write up. Or send it out to a company called blue gauges and they charge around $60 for any color you want. never mind dude beat me to it.
Sent from my DROID2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
If you have questions about it, shoot me a PM and I can walk you through it if you need any help. You can do any gauge color you want.

These are mine. White and Green

http://www.eled.com/category.asp?cat...8mm+led&page=1
For colors, these are what you need. They are Surface Mount LEDs which the gauge uses. If youre going to order them, get at least 2 more of each color you plan to use as backup because they are stupid cheap and youll kick yourself in the nuts if you mess up one and have no back up. I fried 1 LED doing it, and I have experience with a soldering iron. Kawi Green is the Green LED on page 3 with the Wavelength at 520nm. There is another Green at 565nm and it is way too yellow. I have the 520nm in my cluster. Matches my paint about perfectly. Get the highest lv or mcd you can, because the larger that number, the brighter the LED emits.

Also, use the Resin-Flux NOT Acid-Flux with the iron if youre going to use any flux. The acid flux supposedly will eat up your board and youre cluster will be done. I didnt use any flux at all and came out just fine. I did this mod probably a year ago now and it still works perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts