Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, let me give you some back ground on this issue first.

I can start and run this motor in the shop with no issues, builds heat still no issues. Go out and ride easy and no issues. I get on it hard and it blows out the radiator fluid. I have been fighting this problem all last season. I have done numerous leak down test and never find any issues. I replaced the radiator cap and radiator. Repiped the hoses and took out the thermostat. Replacing it with a restrictor. Still it blows out fluid on hard rides. So I thought I will pull the head and take a look. NOTHING.... I cant find any source of blown head gasket. I put a machinist strait edge on the head and cylinder and find NO source of warpage.... Also while warming this motor up in the shop I do have bubbles in my radiator over fill bottle I am using. And as I look down number two exhaust port I see a clear spot behind one of the valve guide. Almost as if it is washing the carbon away..... I guess I am leaning towards a cracked head or cylinder wall?? I would definitely like to see the crack because at this point I hate to scrap out a good motor if it is just a head gasket.... Any thoughts???

·
Supercharged Mod
4,388 Posts
I have heard of (but never used) a test gizmo for testing for the presence of combustion gases in the cooling system. Sounds like you have a prime application for such a gizmo. Unless you've already taken it apart ...

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to add the Gixmo thing (Combustion Leak Detector) try it and it was inconclusive. It seemed like it would change colors.... The expansion tank for sure had bubbles in it. I even pulled a vacuum on the cooling system thinking I had a air pocket some where causing my water pump to cavitate. Also tried evans coolant in place of radiator fluid due to its high boiling point. Nothing worked. I Need to find this crack or leak or what ever it is for a piece of mind! :flag:Oh well..... Just pulled the motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts