Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening fellas...quick question finally got my bike on the dyno but my dyno guy says he is having problems getting it dialed in and getting acurate numbers.

He says when he goes to do a pull right around 10k it blows the "tire off". Now i know what that means at the track..but on the dyno????? He says he cant get accurate readings above 10k because of this. the bike is strapped down and yes he is sitting on it while doing a pull. Then numbers are low for what im expecting and to be honest i hope there is some relevance to this blowing the tire off deal. It somewhat makes sense, since around 10k the bike should make peak tourque. Cams are set at 108/110, 2 mill, vance & hines head, Web 400L intake, 358 exhaust. Mr12..etc..

Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I use a worn Pilot power tire, it is very light and hooks up good even when it gets hot.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
The stretch on the bike wont help it hook on the dyno. My turbo busa stays hooked with 260hp to the wheels with a 180 power one. I have to sit on the passenger seat for it to hook though lol.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i appreciate the feedback fellas....so there is some validity to what he is saying?? He really cant dyno the bike nor get accurate readings??

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The stretch on the bike wont help it hook on the dyno. My turbo busa stays hooked with 260hp to the wheels with a 180 power one. I have to sit on the passenger seat for it to hook though lol.
Yeah in thought that had alot to do with it ...here is a pic

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
yeah took mine off too. i had problems hooking too this time but my tuner was still able to get the tune right it just didnt put down a great number.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah took mine off too. i had problems hooking too this time but my tuner was still able to get the tune right it just didnt put down a great number.
well hell, thats good news for me then, if your bike didnt put down good #'s on the dyno...cuz at the track its stupid fast!!!

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah i could care less about what it puts down on the dyno as long as the a/f is right and it gets it at the track.
what a/f do you tune to, on the dyno, and on the track?? At the track ive got the best results @ 12.8 with u4 i was told the for mr12.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts