Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if they could feel any power increase or power delivery change with Block off plates installed on there 06-07???

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Block off plates only eliminate a bunch of garbage under the air box along with reducing backfire. They will not help you with power at all.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've just fitted a set of Ivan's block-off plates, a really comprehensive pack. It does give you more room for working on the plugs, and it saves a bit of messing come dyno time.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
Block off plates only eliminate a bunch of garbage under the air box along with reducing backfire. They will not help you with power at all.

:+1: What he said..... Plus it will make dyno-ing your bike easier..

·
Registered
198 Posts
when u install the plates do you have to plug the holes under the head cover. and what other hoses do u have to plug. pics would be good

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you look at the picture, the orange pipe cover, bottom left, is all you need, it seals the airbox outlet. Otherwise it's just a case of replacing the stock covers with the Ivans.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If all you are doing is adding the block-off plates, then the only hole you need to plug is the bottom of the air-box. That's it. There have been a number of how-to's on this. Do a search and you'll have a number of hits...Some with pics. It's really easy to do, but just time consuming because the allen heads are a bitch to get to and the air-box can be a pain to get off and on....

·
Registered
251 Posts
I found the airbox was hard to get off, but surprisingly easy to get back on, some finger muscle is needed to remount the intake rubbers. What annoyed me was the length of the allens, I hope they are holding the cam cover on, cos they are way too long for just for holding a lightweight cover on.

I decided to save some jobs up and do them all at once, so I fitted the Ivans, a rifelman 1/5 throttle insert, a BMC race filter, a speedo healer and a GIPro all in sequence while the tank was off. Once the ice has gone I should have a noticeably different bike to ride:lol:

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I found the airbox was hard to get off, but surprisingly easy to get back on, some finger muscle is needed to remount the intake rubbers. What annoyed me was the length of the allens, I hope they are holding the cam cover on, cos they are way too long for just for holding a lightweight cover on.
You have to rotate the airbox 90 degrees clockwise to get it off easier... Just reverse that putting it back in. Just be careful not to tear the plastic on the top of your throttle boddies.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Can anyone tell me if they could feel any power increase or power delivery change with Block off plates installed on there 06-07???
:spit:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
dude, save the money and just flip the reeds. i dont know why people have a prob w that.

·
Registered
251 Posts
dude, save the money and just flip the reeds. i dont know why people have a prob w that.
I don't have a problem, I wanted a bit less knuckle grazing when I work around that area and the Ivans are flat, I know it's not a huge difference but it's always the case that something gets in the way of a spanner or allen key when you want to undo a bolt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts