Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's used them...mainly on an 06/07? How do they help and what do they do? Complicated install?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It's really tight o get to but patience and beer is key. It just reomves alot of junk inside the bike and reduces poping bug time! Also necessary if you dyno the bike as I hear it will throw off readings if the KLEEN system is still there.
________
Love Help

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in the works of getting a custom map and was told I should do this mod beforehand....curious is all.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
1BadC6 said:
I am in the works of getting a custom map and was told I should do this mod beforehand....curious is all.
That's right. If you don't get this done it will have false reading because of the air that is still recycling back to the system. That's why if its not custom mapped don't bother downloading generic maps from exhaust manufacturers.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,630 Posts
I got my '06 dyno'd with the KLEEN system still there. The tech just clamped the air supply hose for the system so that it wouldn't function during the run. You don't HAVE to remove the system, just make sure it's disabled.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i dont use the plates on my bike.. we actually T'd into it and routed it back to the crank case and its working well..

·
Registered
656 Posts
deezuhl said:
i dont use the plates on my bike.. we actually T'd into it and routed it back to the crank case and its working well..
Did you remove the tube from the rear of the air box and route it there?

I took the Kleen system out and replaced it with a hard plastic tube and blocked the front air box hole. Just wondering if the rear outlet of the air box needed attention too. Is there an advantage to rerouting back to the crank case? Thanks

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,630 Posts
conspiracy said:
So you're telling me that who ever invented the block off plates (a couple of major companies) is a complete idiot? I wonder what happens after you release the clamps.
No, that wasn't the intent. All I was trying to do was explain that he didn't need to rush out and do the mod prior to dynoing the bike. The KLEEN system just injects fresh air into the exhaust to help consume unburned fuel. That's what screws up the dyno reading since it uses an exhaust probe. There won't be any performance gains associated with removing the KLEEN gear except to stop some of the deceleration exhaust firing and some minimal weight savings. Clamp the hose, get a good fuel/air reading on the dyno, release the clamp, and remove the emission stuff any time later on. It won't effect anything on the input to fuel injection system.

·
Registered
798 Posts
MY oo ITCH said:
Did you remove the tube from the rear of the air box and route it there?

I took the Kleen system out and replaced it with a hard plastic tube and blocked the front air box hole. Just wondering if the rear outlet of the air box needed attention too. Is there an advantage to rerouting back to the crank case? Thanks

some people say it will put a vacume on the crank case which can get ya a hp (1-2 ) lol but theres usally more error in dynos so on enever knows i had it like that on my 636 and it seemed to be smoother

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
...this has been argued about many times on various bike sites. But when it comes down to it, there isn't enough vacuum created by our relatively small engines to get the air out of the crankcase like the mod supposedly does. If you need an excuse to spend some quality time with your bike I don't think it hurts anything, but don't expect any benefit from it either.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the KLEEN system on my 10. I want to remove it, but it looks very complicated. Is there a step by step for the 06/07.?..I saw big daddy's for his model year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts