Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these questions have probably been discussed here, but there are too many search hits to read through. I apologize for adding another thread to the fray.

Question #1 - Would a simple single hose connecting the two stock plates serve the same purpose as purpose built aftermarket plates (assuming the air box hole is plugged, too)?

Question #2 - I'd like confirmation of what I think the stock set up is suppose to accomplish. It is my understanding that they introduce filtered air into the exhaust ports to encourage additional (secondary) combustion to reduce CO2. Correct? Is there less pressure in the exhaust than the air box to draw the air?

Question #3 - What exactly is the benefit of block off plates?

I'm considering doing something for my race car engine, not a street driven bike, if it makes a difference.

TIA.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
lol when i installed my IVANS kit I thought about that. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
you can also turn them into additional crankcase venting with a little extra work.

·
Registered
256 Posts
actually thats what i did on mine, just like in the pic. i removed everything and just ran a hose to each other exactly like the pic. BUT i also took the covers off, flipped the reed valve things upside down to hold em shut then put it back together. really quick and easy to do. here's the link

http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38602

1 - 6 of 6 Posts