Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 zx10r
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to adjust the factory cut times as there is some lurch with shifting and would like to add the blipper function as well.

I'm considering either the ECU flash, if it doesn't void the extended warranty, or the HM SABS unit.

Is the kill time and adjustable parameter and adjustable per gear with the ECU flash and how well does the blipper work?

Anyone here use the HM SABS blipper unit? It seems to be well designed and has a self learning algorithm, pit lane limiter, engine braking adjustment and "warm up" feature.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
Honestly, with a flash you gain far more then just autoblip...and if you go woolich and pay the extra for race tools, you can adjust your kill times and do out speed limit etc as well as control rpm limit and top speed limiter, remove the exhaust valve and disable fi codes, smooth out throttle response and if you buy the wideband setup you can autotune the bike based on your bike specifically. Up to you but the beautiful way you can dial in the bike with a flash setup is hardly short of a dream. I love my bike with the ability to adjust it's everything to my liking. Last, if you flash yourself, if or when an issue arrises, you can easily flash it back to factory in less than 5 min so you don't have to be worried about it voiding the warranty

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
if you want to adjust kill times then either race tools only setup for around 450 from woolich or get the aftermarket deal you were looking at, but from my experience short of a small delay shifting up too quickly there is little issue with oem sensor and kill times under wot and over 4k rpm

·
Registered
18 zx10r
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dano's offers a good price on the flash. I think I'll go with a flash to only remove restrictions and activate autoblip. I'll take care of fueling if needed with Rapid Bike.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the autoblipper just activated and thought that was good. Adjusting the times & pressure makes it feel super smooth with zero lurch forward. Thats with Woolich without race tools, just the standard QS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts